Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes folks we're doin' it again, but this time the price is even cheaper.

Doug Thorley ceramic coated headers for the V6 4.0. GB price is $445 plus $30 shipping in the lower 48 states. For shipping quotes send a PM to racerxj17 (Jon from Coast 2 Coast Performance)

There's no list to sign up for. Just send the $ via PayPal to [email protected] and he'll ship the headers out to you.

You can also get a package deal if you want DT headers & a Jardine Cat-Back exhaust system. Just PM racerxj17.

Jon has about 50 sets of these, so once they're gone the deal is over. We need to sell at least 15 sets before we can get the GB price, but that should be easy to do.

On the last DT Header GB the price was $490, so this is a super sweet deal. I love my DT headers and would buy them again in a heartbeat. They look as good now as they did when I first installed them.

On an auto, bone stock, FJ Cruiser this is what the headers dyno'd.

max rwHP gain- 17.9 HP in the midrange
max rwTQ gain- 24.5 in the midrange

That's only $27 per 1 HP gained, which is really good.
A supercharger is about $80-$100 per 1 HP gained.

These are pics of the actual ceramic headers.

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
I just sent payment....

Jon stated over on CT that only a few more sets need to be sold before they ship.

Marc M

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
These are weld ons?

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts

·
Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
817 Posts
These are weld ons?
No welding required...strictly bolt on. I've had mine from the first GB and I'm very pleased with the performance gain. They are definitely a top quality product.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dumb question but these are the long tube headers for a 4.0 V6 correct?

Also, does it take everyone else 3-5 days to put cash in thier pay pal account? Seems like a long time for a simple cash transfer these days.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Are O2 sims needed? Anyone throw codes after installing?

·
Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
817 Posts
Are O2 sims needed? Anyone throw codes after installing?
Yep...You'll need to install an O2 simulator if you want to eliminate the CEL. I went with a sim from Empire and it works great...no light since install. Initially, I was using my ScanGuage to clear the codes on the fly, but figured I'd do it right and add the sim. I believe others have also installed the Empire Sim and can chime in on their experience.

On a seperate note, maybe someone should contact Empire and see if they would be interested in in doing a GB on the O2 sim in conjunction with the Thorley Header GB.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Question... The pic's show the o2 bungs welded into the headers, and since your putting back the o2 sensors why would you need a o2 simulator? They install before the cats, so I'm confused.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Because you are removing the precats by adding the DT headers. You will need an 02 sim like the one offered by Empire. Good idea on a group buy for the Empire sim. I passed inspection with it and the headers.

·
Registered
355 Posts
OK, I was under the impression that you only needed the sim if you removed the second set of o2 sensors. I didn't realize you needed it with all the o2 sensors installed.

·
Registered
05 Taco PreR AC TRD
163 Posts
Because you are removing the precats by adding the DT headers. You will need an 02 sim like the one offered by Empire. Good idea on a group buy for the Empire sim. I passed inspection with it and the headers.
but will it pass in CA?

·
i <3 Miley Sirus.
2005 toyota tacoma
1,280 Posts
oh god im sooo tempted... why is it everytime i have money there's a gb and when im broke there's not.

question - how easy is the install ? i know it's bolt on and stuff but it looks kinda hard reachin in those nooks and crannies..

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Install is a 7 out of 10 namely due to the cramp quarters and getting to some of the bolts. Having a friend really helps, especially when getting the new headers in position. Make sure you have the proper tools to remove the stock 02 sensors. Last thing you want is strip them.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC
86 Posts
Pretty well guaranteed that I'm in on this. If it's possible I'd like to get the headers packaged up with the required O2 sensor in one shipment, especiallly since I'm in the frozen NorthLand, one shipment, one GB price, one bill from customs. I read the 34 pages on the last GB and the general consensis (sp?) is that the best idea is to add the rear O2 sensor right away and avoid the check engine light issue entirely.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
^ If you have the SGI or II, you can clear the code. This will get you buy until you can get your hands on an 02 sim. Guys, I would be remiss if I didn't mentioned the other 02 sim choice which is the one from URD. It's not plug and play as it requires some wire splicing and soldering but it is cheaper.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts