Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought an 08 regular cab tacoma 4x4 with the 2.7L engine. I would like to gain a few more horsepower out of it. I do not want to spend a fortune and am looking for the best bang for the buck. I am thinking of keeping the stock air intake but going with a high flow filter and DT headers. Thoughts on this set up? Will I need to get a remap if I do this? Will it void the factory warrenty. If you have alternate brands or configuation of upgrades to recommend, then please do so.
thanks

·
'08 tacoma pre-runner
tacoma
520 Posts
i got the dt headers, afe dry filter, and a jardine cat back! they are working awesome right now and once i get the urd maf calibrator in a month or so should be even better. the maf is a plug and play for retuning the ecu and your air fuel ratio, im really excited about it!! let you know when i get it how it worked out and btw congrats on your new taco!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the dt headers, afe dry filter, and a jardine cat back! they are working awesome right now and once i get the urd maf calibrator in a month or so should be even better. the maf is a plug and play for retuning the ecu and your air fuel ratio, im really excited about it!! let you know when i get it how it worked out and btw congrats on your new taco!!
thanks, I like the truck, just want a little more power. if I just did the headers, left the rest of the exaust stock and used a drop in high flow air filter, would I need to do a remap? should be done at the dealer?

·
'08 tacoma pre-runner
tacoma
520 Posts
i was running that before and wasnt having trouble of any kind so i wouldnt be able to tell you that but from what i hear from a lot of people is that these trucks come pretty rich from the factory for being on the safe side so leaning it out a bit wouldn't be a bad idea, getting better mileage and better torque.
i honestly don't think that the dealer would do a remap for you but if they do, wow is all i gotta say! i will be able to give you better advice once i get it tuned but other owners with similar upgrades and with the retune are very happy with the high rpm performance gains from retuning it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts