Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all,

i'm getting started with my 'down with amber' project.

as you can see here, i have a not so common size of turn signal, so i started thinking why not make me a clear one of my own ?
and i began experimenting with some stuff, and for a first time i think the result is adequate... i can work with my material.

it lacks finishing ofcourse, but that wasn't the idea today...
ive made some errors but tomorrow i'll try again, and if possible i'll take some high qual pics with a real digicam !

I say tomorrow, but could be later too as i have a job interview tomorrow afternoon, so wish me luck y'all :)

anyways, more pics can be found HERE

*edit*
if anyone could tell me what glue is used on headlights etc ? that would be very much appreciated !

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
hes in belgium... it must be the euro-version. looks good! now i want a bumper and lens like that... except it looks like it doesnt stick out far enough. might not pass crash standards here.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
did you simply remove the amber lens? ...you know, you can just buy clear corners for real cheap just about anywhere on the net.
I believe he went a step further than that, he's using either acrylic glass or plexiglass, which he custom cut. You can tell by the kind of rigid edges of it.

I'm guessing he used acrylic, because it's more flexible than plexiglass.

It's not a bad idea at all, but I'd probably sooner clear out my corners than do that.

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hey all, havn't got the time to do something today, which is ok, because i havn't got the good digicam either.. I figured i might aswell make a DIY in case anyone else should be interested.
i'll get to it as soon as possible.

CrawlingEye said:
It's not a bad idea at all, but I'd probably sooner clear out my corners than do that.
clear out your corners ? what do you mean ?

*edit* nm :)
yeah, clearing corners is what i would do too, if mine weren't clear already.

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very well, ive been able to do some more work
unfortionatly i was interupted by a friend who had gotten an accident.

here's what the project looks like right now

don't mind the ugly tape... i havn't had the time to glue it back together yet

im planning on finishing it tonight or tomorrow.

here's my friend car, such a waste ... :'(

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, another update,

only one thing needs to be done at this point, make the new lense stick to the houding, then it will be completely finished...

i notice however, that there seems to be little interest in this project, so i guess i'll scrap the DIY... unless if there is enough demand... post here

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
always post an DIYs that arent already here, even if no one seems to show interest, maybe someone will, down the line...

as for your corners, i think the Aussie cams have the same bumperlights, so if you're not satisfied, you might wanna check out Aussie sites for clear corners...

but, good to hear you attempted it yourself..:thumbup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
speaking of aussie site.. sorry if this runs off topic but i found one a while back but dont rememebr the name of it not to mention it wouldnt even let me order anything..... but to the point. do any of you know any australian stores. PM me if u dont mind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts