Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is buying a 2022 Sienna XSE FWD with the 20" wheels and 235/50R20 tires. She wants to buy some 18" wheels and 235/60R18 tires as what comes on the AWD model. It will give a better ride and be lighter so it will help get better MPG.

Has anyone else done this? I didn't see a wheel thread. Tire Rack and Discount Tire say a lot of 18" wheels won't fit andI'm not sure why. What is the width and offset of the 20" wheels? What about the OEM 18" wheels that come on the AWD models? Has anyone weighed the 20" wheel and tire combo?

Thanks for any help. She wants to sell the OEM wheels and tires right away to defray the cost of the new 18" wheels and tires.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They offered 18's
Yes, but not on the XSE FWD, only the AWD. She wanted an AWD but every dealer said that it could take forever as they just don't see any XSE AWD models coming in.

Why didn't she just get a XLE AWD instead? Is it because of the ground effects, or the XSE was available since supply for Siennas are so tight right now?
Because she liked the features on the XSE, both interior and exterior more. She also wanted the black/grey interior that is only available on the XSE. Dealers all told me that is why so many people want the XSE, the interior that is only available on the XSE. And from the outside she likes the sportier looks of it compared to the XLE, and so do I. I think the XSE is by far the best looking of the models. She wanted an AWD XSE that had the 18" wheels because I told her that it would have a better ride and the smaller wheels help with better MPG. I'll have to test fit my RAV4 wheels that are 17x8 +35mm offset with 225/65R17 tires and see how things fit.

Anyone know what she could sell the OEM 20" wheels with new tires? She's planning on buying the new wheels and tires so that I can put them on as soon as she gets the Sienna.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Because she liked the features on the XSE, both interior and exterior more. She also wanted the black/grey interior that is only available on the XSE. Dealers all told me that is why so many people want the XSE, the interior that is only available on the XSE. And from the outside she likes the sportier looks of it compared to the XLE, and so do I. I think the XSE is by far the best looking of the models. She wanted an AWD XSE that had the 18" wheels because I told her that it would have a better ride and the smaller wheels help with better MPG. I'll have to test fit my RAV4 wheels that are 17x8 +35mm offset with 225/65R17 tires and see how things fit. Anyone know what she could sell the OEM 20" wheels with new tires? She's planning on buying the new wheels and tires so that I can put them on as soon as she gets the Sienna.
I just purchased a 2022 XSE AWD and would be willing to sell the brand new 18” wheels and tires to you. Where are you located?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just purchased a 2022 XSE AWD and would be willing to sell the brand new 18” wheels and tires to you. Where are you located?
My daughter is going to buy some wheels she really likes for the 3 season wheels and use the OEM wheels for winter tires. We are located in Vancouver, WA. Where are you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a deposit down for an XLE w 18” wheels. The dealership has confirmed Im Set to receive in October. I plan on moving up to 20” wheels. If she could wait until the end of October, maybe early November I would be happy to sell. I am in Olympia. And drive down to Portland often w definite plans to do it in November. And so we could do a local sell.

that is to say if the prev poster is not local.I don’t mean to hijack a sell.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a deposit down for an XLE w 18” wheels. The dealership has confirmed Im Set to receive in October. I plan on moving up to 20” wheels. If she could wait until the end of October, maybe early November I would be happy to sell. I am in Olympia. And drive down to Portland often w definite plans to do it in November. And so we could do a local sell.

that is to say if the prev poster is not local.I don’t mean to hijack a sell.
I'll see what her details are. She waited for a XSE AWD for 8 months with no luck and then a Limited was allocated in the color she wanted so she put a deposit down on it. Just a few days before it was to be built the dealer was notified that no more Limited or Platinum editions would be built due to the chip shortage. A XLE AWD was then allocated in her color she wanted and so she is now waiting for that one. It's supposed to start being built this Monday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts