Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only got out about 2.2 quarts. First time doing it since I bought it from Pmesfun in 2018. Strange because he was very OCD about maintaining it in good shape. Car runs fine....I put the same amount of fresh fluid back in...but I'm not sure it's properly filled. Any ideas? I'm gonna see what he says too.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks to me like the transmission fluid may have been low. Did you check it with a warm engine running on the transmission dipstick? I did a drain and fill when I first got the car. My '97 is supposed to take up to 3.5 quarts. Maybe your year car has a different capacity? Check the fluid level on the dipstick. If it shows full you're good to go. If not slowly add fluid to bring it up to full line. IIRC I think I got at least 3 quarts in mine. After running, I topped it up slightly to the full mark. My transmission shifted much better after the drain & fill.

·
イリジウム
13,712 Posts
How's the fluid level now?

A541e transmission? 2.5 qts from the pan and 1.7 qts from the differential chamber (10 mm hex facing the firewall). So a bit over 4 qts for both, filled through the same dipstick tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts