Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
camry 96
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was drivin home from work and it was dark out and no one was around so i decided to take a turn and pull up my e brake. my back end flew way out and i was astonished because my ebrake never seemed to work very well. ne ways i got a kick out of it and wondered if any one else has tried this and if they have any techniques or suggestions i have a gen 3 96 le 5sfe

camry 96
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im tellin u that my car swung way out and then came to a stop but i think that with a little practice it can be done

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
oversteer is what you induced in the car & its not drifting :nono:

Keri

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
CrawlingEye said:
you can't drift a fwd car. cease and desist.
:werd: :slap:

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
:hammer: :headbang: :hammer:

We need more smileys depicting frustration....

You lost control... other than that... you didn't acomplish too much.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
you locked up your rear wheels which in turn made your rear come lose and you drug it behind you... if you where to say, sway your car back and forth and let the roll of your car swing your rear sideways, then it is less of an ass drag, but an ass drag non-the-less...

Dirt roads are fun to practice this on, I got it down to an art in my corsica cause the corsy had horrible body roll which just pwnz for drifting ;)

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
....ummm you can drift in a FWD car....you just need a little help with tray's

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
What you do is take trays and put them under you back wheels and pull your e-brake up....then drift away...don't do it though you could get hurt:ughcool:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Drifting is the process of going in a different direction that your wheels are pushing you... Example, when drifting in a RWD car, the rear wheels are pushing horizontal to the direction of your front wheels, however you continue to go forward.

However, you can not drift in a FWD car. This is because the front wheels are pulling you. And although your rear end is out, your wheels are still facing the direction you are going, and not horizontal. Hense, you are not drifting, you are in a semi-controlled power slide.

Example #2: Drifting can be done on a series of turns one after another changing direction. With a FWD car, you can not keep a series going. You can only take one turn before having to straighten out the car.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
As stated before you cannot drift in a FWD, you can POWERSLIDE, and yes for one turn it will feel and look alot like drifting, but it is not drifting. Like Smokin said you have to straighten your car out after a turn with FWD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.