Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Wow! Very nice video.

I noticed the shudders at 39 seconds and at the begining. BTW How the hell did you get the camera down there? LOL

·
p00pernickel
Toyota Tacoma
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Very nice video.

I noticed the shudders at 39 seconds and at the begining. BTW How the hell did you get the camera down there? LOL
I have a camera that mounts to my supermoto, it came with a giant suction cup mount. Just stuck it under there

·
TacoFever
414 Posts
cool GoPro camera shot.

Wow .. I saw the amount of play there. Aside from the other suggested fixes, I'm wondering if replacing the carrier bearing will help.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I havent seen the suggested fixes but, it looks like the whole crossmember is flexing excessively. Does the truck in the video have spacer blocks to drop the carrier bearing?
My truck is not lift and I still have this same annoying vibraton.

·
Harbinger of Doom
91 Posts
wow...so how do we fix this?
http://www.cornay.com/ These driveshafts and CVs look amazing. They only have military and specific applications right now but, I know nissan guys that are bugging them to make some products and they said they're going to be available to the general public soon. They'll cost an arm and a leg i'm sure, but it would definately eliminate the problem.

·
p00pernickel
Toyota Tacoma
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havent seen the suggested fixes but, it looks like the whole crossmember is flexing excessively. Does the truck in the video have spacer blocks to drop the carrier bearing?
My truck is not lift and I still have this same annoying vibraton.
Yes, it has the 1.5" or so blocks that came with the Fabtech lift. I was opting to try and lower it a little more and see what it did, it looks like the shaft is twisting upwards on the 1st sign of the shudder. Btw look @ the transmission shake too from the shudder :ugh3:

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
What does your shudder feel like in the cab? I have a very slight shudder after having the rear TSB done. The springs settled a little after I towed and hauled some stuff, so now the shudder is very very slight. Just curious if your truck feels like it is falling apart in the cab or how severe or slight it is.

·
Registered
07 PRE RUNNER DOUBLE
32 Posts
I would amagine the fix for this is the same as it would be for my late F250CC with a lift. Go to A shop and have a one piece drive shaft made. I did this for my f250 and instantly no more take off shutter or vibration at high speed. smooth as glass. It cost me $250 for the one piece shaft with new Moog Ujoints. If i were going to lift my taco thats what I would do. to hell with the carrier baring.

·
p00pernickel
Toyota Tacoma
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What does your shudder feel like in the cab? I have a very slight shudder after having the rear TSB done. The springs settled a little after I towed and hauled some stuff, so now the shudder is very very slight. Just curious if your truck feels like it is falling apart in the cab or how severe or slight it is.
It feels as bad as it looks, its actually flexing the cross member. It does feel like the truck is shaking apart

After some thinking today. Im going to try and correct the axle pinion angle today, it seems logical that the shaft would want to twist funny if the shaft has to twist 2 out of alignment points, rahter than just one. Ill just make a temporary shim for each side and see how it does. Ill be posting back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts