Toyota Nation Forum banner

Did you opt in or out of the Drive Pulse?

• Opted in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I speed too much

• I tailgate until brakes give out

• Im a Proud Reckless Driver

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XSE Camry
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my XSE at or below the speed limit. Current score 98 out of 100.

Yes driving at the speed limit irritates and possibly pisses off those reckless drivers that think they are nascar race car drivers or something....they can enjoy their tickets, lawsuits or potential vehicular murder charges.

I never opted out of that Drive Pulse in that Toyota App and got an insane huge discount price quote for car insurance 3 months in after my inbound delivery custody from January.

Did you get one?

Anyone else took that advantage?

Curious what others did or even downloaded that app?

·
straight cash homie
22,842 Posts
Yes driving at the speed limit irritates and possibly pisses off those reckless drivers that think they are nascar race car drivers or something....they can enjoy their tickets, lawsuits or potential vehicular murder charges.
Race on Sunday, sell on Monday
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2022 XSE Camry
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it tracks location, thats a automatic opt-out
Thats what I first thought, but then everything pings your location... phones, credit cards, bank cards etc.
So the hell with it, why should l pay more for car insurance and boom, paying far less now.
Not to mention I did the yearly wifi thing so everywhere I go, I use my tablet for GPS maps while my in dash can play music and videos uninterrupted as I drive.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
843 Posts
I drive my XSE at or below the speed limit. Current score 98 out of 100.

Congratulations, I guess? Why not the perfect 100 out of 100? Where did you go wrong???

Driving at or below the speed limit annoys regular drivers too, even though you’re legally in the right, since normal people expect a few MPH above the speed limit. I’ll even go so far as to say that sometimes driving at or below the speed limit is dangerous (ie on the left/middle lanes of a highway). Hopefully you ride the right lane at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,934 Posts
@RideAlong205

Those numbers don't mean you are more likely or less likely to get in an accident... so many different factors affect accidents but if you want to rely on those numbers and judge people by them... all power to you. its a waste of time.

·
Registered
2022 XSE Camry
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations, I guess? Why not the perfect 100 out of 100? Where did you go wrong???

Driving at or below the speed limit annoys regular drivers too, even though you’re legally in the right, since normal people expect a few MPH above the speed limit. I’ll even go so far as to say that sometimes driving at or below the speed limit is dangerous (ie on the left/middle lanes of a highway). Hopefully you ride the right lane at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Always on the right side.

·
Registered
2022 XSE Camry
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@RideAlong205

Those numbers don't mean you are more likely or less likely to get in an accident... so many different factors affect accidents but if you want to rely on those numbers and judge people by them... all power to you. its a waste of time.
Maybe or maybe not.
We cant control other drivers out there but insurance algorithm takes it to their favor it seems and as a reward a much much lower insurance bill.
For example, I have a few "hard braking" on the map and with my dash cam, it matches when some reckless driver cuts or swerved in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts