Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of gathering information to take to Transposrt Canada
and also to take Legal Action against "Toyota" Yes it has come to that.

There is no need to respond to this thread if you have not been affected.

This is for the folks who have had Drive-Train issues, with Engine, Clutch, Transmission, etc.

Transpost Canada claims they have not heard anything so lets inform them. We need to bring these issues to light, so Toyota/TC cannot dismiss them.

So please post a description of the Drive-Train issue and the approx: Date and what was done to correct them if any.

I do appreciate your help/assistance

Can Canadians Make DOT complaints as well How many affected persons went to the DOT with a complaint?
----------------------------
Safety Problems & Issues
1-888-DASH-2-DOT
Office of Defects Investigation
File a Complaint
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
----------------------------

Transport Canada
Road Safety and Motor Vehicle
Regulation Directorate
Transport Canada
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0N5
mailto:[email protected]
Transport Canada’s Information Centre at 1-800-333-0371 / (613) 998-8616

·
Registered
183 Posts
anyone having "vibration noise" around 3500 to 4000 rpm? I need some help here. I am getting worried and think my motor may be coming apart

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear alignment

Don't know if this's gonna help you. Just to share some of my experience. I had a problem with my rear alignment on my XRS. I bought the car 2nd hand from Richmond Hill Toyota (ON). After I got the car and drove on the HWY, I found there was something wrong with my alignment, I took the car back to the dealership and they said nothing is wrong. Then I took my car to my mechanics, he found that the left rear toe is off. Since Matrix is using solid axle, I have to replace the whole read axle. With the printout from my mechanic, I brought my car back to the dealership, and asked them to fix it and replace the aixle for free. The dealership said it's a manufacturing defects, and they put a new one in. My mechanic checked it again, he said it's fine now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
91 turbo said:
Its not manufacturing defect someone probably hit a curb. My friend and i both had our alignments checked and they were fine. Both have Matrix.
I take it that's what you have done....Learn to drive.
Why couldn 't it have been manufaturering defect that's what was determined and problem resolved.

You want manufacturing defects here's a little list....

Both Fog Lights - condensation issues
weather strip both windows
container under the shifter
sqeaky belt
mis-aligned rear bumper
driver side door run -- tomorrow
transmission
lighter double as charger twice
What's called a Bezel the trim around the shifter, and lighter
outer window run driver side still not done right
Clutch
Flywheel
Pressure Plate
bearings
Axle
gears

more to come

APillar alignment being done
Door Sill rubber-strip being done

now comment on which you think is not a manufacturer defect:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
41 Posts
How many miles do you guys have on your cars. I know the XRS has a weak clutch...to me its an excuse to get an RPS kit. By the way I have 15k on my 04 and no problems yet. (crossing fingers). The rear bumper thing is a defect from Toyota, mine's off a little. Take it to the dealer to fix it. There is a thread on it on Matrixowners.com. Look under the Issues & Quality Forum. Other than that I wish you guys luck. Sometimes it happens in the factory that one car is crappier than what its supposed to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.