Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Tacoma. Just got a 2018 Corolla LE yesterday for a daily driver. I had a snowboarding accident which has left me weak and pins/needles feeling on my right side. In my Tacoma I have a left foot accelerator installed. It works great. The corolla seems really tight down by the pedals. I want to remove the footrest. It appears to be under the carpet. Anyone have any idea what I might find? I really don’t need the footrest but I need the room for a left foot accelerator. Ideas?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,453 Posts
Interesting, in all of my years I've never heard of anyone doing this on a Corolla. I'm curious to see what you discover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a styrofoam block I removed it but the carpet is formed for it It still stuck out after styrofoam removed
994E9BEA-54B4-46C0-89DC-6F5E4522E877.jpeg

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,453 Posts
Can the carpet be pushed flat after the foam being removed? Will it give you enough room to install the left foot pedal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have a weight on it to flatten it. It’ll work but it looks like crap. The carpet is formed for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The carpet keeps springing back up to the form of the styrofoam footrest underneath. I need it flat. Any ideas to flatten the carpet?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,453 Posts
The carpet keeps springing back up to the form of the styrofoam footrest underneath. I need it flat. Any ideas to flatten the carpet?
How about using a piece of flat metal that is heavy and applying some glue to adhere the carpet to the flat steel/metal piece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts