Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new member here. I have a '15 corolla le with a clicking noise on the driver's seat. The noise comes from the left bottom part of the seat at the hinge area. I couldn't seem to find anything about it.
I recently got my regular service done at the dealer and got them to check it. Obviously no fault found. It's intermittent but when it does happen usually during stop and go traffic and uphill start/stops. Has anyone come across this issue before? I'm thinking of dropping off the car for an overnight roadtest with dealer.... thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
5,200 Posts
Welcome to Toyotanation!

I would check the seat bolts are not loose. The seat has 2 locating dowels in the front base of the seat. These located the mounting bolts. Try to also rock the seat in each position of the seat rails travel. It is possible to have more movent at certain points of the seat track.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this same exact issue on my '16 LE and am starting to notice this on my '17 SE. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to have this problem! The dealership looks at me like I'm crazy and can't fix this for me. It always happens with stop/go and the occasional uphill climb. It's a very annoying click.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm having this same exact issue on my '16 LE and am starting to notice this on my '17 SE. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to have this problem! The dealership looks at me like I'm crazy and can't fix this for me. It always happens with stop/go and the occasional uphill climb. It's a very annoying click.
My 17 SE has it as well. I can't quite determine if it is the seat or something else. It seems completely independent of me being in the seat, and I can't replicate it by moving my fat ass around in the seat. The only time I hear it is when I hit the gas or let off of the gas.

Hit the gas... tick.

Let off the gas... tick.

It's starting to drive me mad, lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think I located the noise in my car. Yesterday I was running a 1/0 power cable in preparation to do the stereo install. I had the drivers seat out and a bunch of panels off to aid in running the wire.

While I was working on that and had the car tore apart I figured I would try to figure out that sound. So I was fiddling with things under the dash and I replicated the sound I was hearing that I thought was the seat.

What I found was that if I ever so slightly nudged the hood release cable, it would contact a piece of metal and make a ticking sound. I still can't really figure out how that cable is moving on its own, unless the firewall flexes a bit. I ended up wrapping the cable in some padded felt tape and the noise stopped when nudging the wire by hand.

I did not notice the noise this morning when driving to work, but I honestly was not paying attention. I'll for sure pay attention this afternoon on my way home.

Fingers crossed this mystery is solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I’ve finally got the time to look into this myself. Btw it’s good to know that I wasn’t the only person with this issue. What I’ve done so far is removed the driver’s cover panel and left the adjustment handles so I can recline/move the seat. I’ve driven it today and I think I’ve isolated the noise from under the seat. I think I’ll remove the seat and investigate. I’ll keep posted!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys,

came here to share same problem with my corolla 2016. 03 Month ago, started a clicking noise when I accelerate or brake. It is a metal clicking noise located on my seat. if I move my seat all the way to the back, will not happen the clicking/popping noise. I tried 02 dealers and no luck. they keep saying that "everything is ok" (of course the say). They keep pushing the problem, maybe, until the warranty ends, and then, find the problem and charge you some $$. I'm opening a case with Toyota USA, will not lose my time anymore at the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I’ve finally got the time to look into this myself. Btw it’s good to know that I wasn’t the only person with this issue. What I’ve done so far is removed the driver’s cover panel and left the adjustment handles so I can recline/move the seat. I’ve driven it today and I think I’ve isolated the noise from under the seat. I think I’ll remove the seat and investigate. I’ll keep posted!
Hello, Did you solve the problem? If yes,what you did?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had this issue on my '15 S-Plus; had it fixed under warranty by the dealer. clicking gone and never an issue again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bump this post up. Has anybody found the issue? I’m having this issue on my 17 SE 50th and 16 Special Edition. I’m at the point where I blast my music to mute it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been having the exact same issue with my '17 Corolla SE for a few weeks now and just got back from the dealership. Same thing - clicking when I hit the gas, let go of the gas, incline, decline, and turns. When I put my hand on the side of the seat you can even feel the click.

They we're also "Unable to reproduce the noice". They did however loosen and tighten the seat. On my way to work I didn't hear anything.

I'll keep you all posted if this resolved the issue or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everybody i'm new on this site but unfurtunately i'm having the same issue on my toyota corolla 2018 le that clicking noise on the driver seat plus i hace notice another strange noise comming from the dash while driving on bumpy rodes it's really unconfortable to hear these noises i have search to se if i could find the source of it but no lucck on that

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having that same issue on my toyota corolla 2018 le seat clicking noise the dash noise also i will really try to find the source of it because it is really unconfortable hearing that noise

·
Registered
78 Posts
The two things I absolutely despise about this cars quality...the seat click and the dash clicks. The 2020 can’t come soon enough!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine feels like it's where the top part of the seat connects connects to the bottom. I HATE it cause it sounds like something is broken and if you move a little bit it makes the clicking sound

·
Super Moderator
5,200 Posts
Have you removed the covers to the seat?

Then manipulate the seat to see if you can recreate the click.

Describe for us how the click happens.

Is it after adjusting the back rest or moving the seat back and forth?

Seat bottom?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, it's hard to recreate it, but it will do it no matter how I adjust it. I don't know how to really say how it sounds like, but it's almost like little gears slipping. But it sounds like it comes from the gears that make the top part move.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts