Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Start at the side where the levers are. The issue is somewhere in there. Clean the gears to see if there's an improvement.

Are you out of warranty?

·
Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Visit the dealer, but take a peek for yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really don't understand why these corollas are coming out like that i have notice the noises on the se models and the LE. On my LE toyota corolla there are noises all over the place: driver seat clicking noise, rattling noise coming from dash, rattling noise on the rear right side of roof, bibration noises while driving on uneven roads aparently the wheel cover and ticking noise when i realease the brakes when moving from a stop. Ohh man really really really unconfortable toyota please you are know for having good reliable cars don't let go of that.

·
Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
There's a reason why the car rattles a lot.

Geometrically, the corolla is not perfect. There is opportunities for movement because of this. The Corolla is a run of the mill model and Toyota doesn't invest time in making it perfect. Compared to the Lexus line.

The Pontiac vibe and Corolla that came out of NUMMI were built that way. As I recall, it's out by close to a mm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So today i removed the seat on my toyota corolla le traying to find the source of the noise but even like that i could not really get to it as i wanted to so i greassed it a little with never sease and that kind of lowered the intencity of the noise i can still hear it but not as bad as b4 i'm so tired of all this noises that i mysel have been thinking about trading in for a honda toyota really dissapointed me on this the dealers could not find anything but as soon as i got in the car and drove i heard it i'm so tired rattles all over the place on this corollas. ugh

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found the source of the clicking, but the thing is that I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue. I can feel that the bar that you'd pull the move the seat front or back, twitches with the sound, but then there's another click that isn't moving the bar. Does ANYONE know any fixes?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,321 Posts
So today i removed the seat on my toyota corolla le traying to find the source of the noise but even like that i could not really get to it as i wanted to so i greassed it a little with never sease and that kind of lowered the intencity of the noise i can still hear it but not as bad as b4 i'm so tired of all this noises that i mysel have been thinking about trading in for a honda toyota really dissapointed me on this the dealers could not find anything but as soon as i got in the car and drove i heard it i'm so tired rattles all over the place on this corollas. ugh
Don't hold your breath since Honda is having more issues with lower reliability than Toyota right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm so surprised the 11th generation is experiencing this also. I have a 10th gen 2012 Le the driver seat clicks and it drives me insane. it annoyed me so much that I went to a salvage yard and bought a 09 Corolla seat which didn't click for quite a while. And now of course of course of course it's doing the same stupid click shit that the original 12' seat did. I brought the driver's seat to a Toyota dealership and had them disassemble it and they said it was faulty mechanism inside the seat frame. And of course close to $1,000 to fix it. they didn't do shit and then just put the seat back together and then charge me 70 bucks for the diagnostic. Assholes. it just boils down to the fact that it's just some stupid design flaw Toyota did with their seats. I've contemplated selling the car but I just can't bring myself to do it no matter how annoying The click is. it's comfortable to drive super fuel efficient super reliable cheap to maintain cheap to operate. Looks like a 1st Gen Mazda 6. (Cool)

But Jesus Christ in heaven the click is so so so annoying. honestly the seats can be a bit wider also I get the camera. But I specifically didn't buy a Camry of the same generation because they had the oil burning issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issue with a annoying clicking sound from the driver's seat.
Than, comparing all the facts and observations, I've found the source of issue.
Guys, have you ever tried to point the leftmost AC fan not left and down but left and up for a change, so that the cold air won't cool down the metallic frame of the seat?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,321 Posts
Had the same issue with a annoying clicking sound from the driver's seat.
Than, comparing all the facts and observations, I've found the source of issue.
Guys, have you ever tried to point the leftmost AC fan not left and down but left and up for a change, so that the cold air won't cool down the metallic frame of the seat?
No. I point the vent at me and I've never had this clicking sound on my 10th Gen or 11th Gen Corolla.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No. I point the vent at me and I've never had this clicking sound on my 10th Gen or 11th Gen Corolla.
That's because you point it at yourself ,not along the door and down.
Also there is another vent near pedals, it also might be blowing towards the frame, so for anyone who is willing to check it, either switch off the AC completely, or shut the vents on dash on drivers side, or point them upwardas and reduce the airflow.
I don't say that driver's seat has no flaws in it's design, but airflow from the AC definitely has an impact on this clicking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One of the clicks is coming from the right railing and sounds like it's coming from inside it. I WOULD take the seat off, but I'm sure you have to take the center console out just to undo one of the bolts. Real crap quality car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue on my 2017 Corolla SE and it’s driving me CRAZY! I am going to go to the dealer this weekend and see if they can figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
One of the clicks is coming from the right railing and sounds like it's coming from inside it. I WOULD take the seat off, but I'm sure you have to take the center console out just to undo one of the bolts. Real crap quality car.
No need to remove the center console to access the bolts to the front seat. The right rear bolt is bolted to the tunnel section of the floor. Just slide the seat forward to access the rear seat bolts.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Had the 2016 Toyota RAV4 hybrid and did this. I believe it was the weld point metal. No way to resolve it lol. My scion iM does not do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone had the seat replaced through Toyota warranty? I've got a few months left on my certified pre-owned warranty.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts