Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Toyota corolla 2017 SE and 2017 SE (50th edition) were making a clicking noise around and underneath driver seat when stepping on the brake and accelerator pedals.
Called Toyota 1 800 number to inquire about this particular issue.
I was told they had not had any type of complains or concerns about the clicking noise, but did generate two tickets.
Took both corollas to Toyota dealership, and I was told exactly what I was expecting to hear “we didn’t hear anything”.
So, I drove the vehicle with the dealership mechanics in the passenger seats and clicking noise was heard.
Dealership decided to order and replace seat track assembly.
Problem solved, at least in the 2017 SE (50th edition) because one car was built in Canada and the other one was built in the USA.
Seat track assemblies are different.
So, the USA corolla SE (50th edition) is fixed and still waiting on the Canada corolla SE to be fixed.

·
Registered
2015 Corolla S, Upgr
81 Posts
Okay, so this may sound like a odd thing to try, but hear me out. Imagine your seat runner "sides"...they typically run in parallel/aligned with the lower bracket section, yes? If you get your seat positioned in the area you like, try and "twist" your seat with you a$$, and get them to mis-align. Picture the notches engaging at #5 on both sides, but instead have one at #4 and the opposite at #5. What this achieves is a tighter grip on the seat runners and doesn't allow much movement which perhaps causes the clicking noise. Since I've done it, the sound is gone, and remains gone.
Give it a try, and let me know what you find!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, so this may sound like a odd thing to try, but hear me out. Imagine your seat runner "sides"...they typically run in parallel/aligned with the lower bracket section, yes? If you get your seat positioned in the area you like, try and "twist" your seat with you a$$, and get them to mis-align. Picture the notches engaging at #5 on both sides, but instead have one at #4 and the opposite at #5. What this achieves is a tighter grip on the seat runners and doesn't allow much movement which perhaps causes the clicking noise. Since I've done it, the sound is gone, and remains gone.
It makes sense, since the seat will not be able to move forward or back and or have any play.
The two 2017 corollas still had the 36 months warranty, so the dealership replaced the seat track assembly on both.
Problem solved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys. Found this post through Google and this is the exact clicking problem I'm having on a 2015 RAV4. The car is out of warranty so the dealership option is an absolute last resort because they will probably charge me a lot of money.

Anyone know which part on the seat is the actual problem? Is there ANYTHING I can do to quiet down the clicking besides turning up the radio or the fan?

I can actually feel the click if I touch the left plastic side of the driver seat where the manual levers for recline and vertical adjustment are. If it's something hitting that plastic inside, is it possible to shove some soft material in to dampen it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It makes sense, since the seat will not be able to move forward or back and or have any play.
The two 2017 corollas still had the 36 months warranty, so the dealership replaced the seat track assembly on both.
Problem solved.
In reality the clicking come from somewhere under the cushion in by the gears that adjust the seat when you press the handel mines is missaligned like you said but still makes the noise if i take it out of the position i have it if somebody drives my car and move the seat the click comes back smh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine's still clicking. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems it doesn't click as often when you first get inside the car. Only after driving for awhile does the clicking becomes frequent. I put a camera under a seat to see if there's anything loose hitting something while driving but everything seems normal. No idea how to proceed from here.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts