Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

For the last 2 or 3 years, the driver side door lock on my 2000 Camry LE hasn't been working. If I hit the lock button on the door, all the doors lock except the drivers one. Same thing happens if I hit the lock/unlock buttons on the key fob. I've had to lock the door manually before shutting it and use the key manually to open it. All the other locks function properly.

I've pulled the door panel off to look around after it first started happening, but I didn't see anything unplugged or any messed up wiring.

Any idea what would cause only 1 door lock to stop working?

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are a power door LOCK actuator and a power door LATCH actuator the same thing? I'm 99% sure they are but I noticed different websites use one or the other term, just wanna make sure before I order one.

Also, are they a PITA to change?

·
Registered
1998 Camry LE V6
36 Posts
Was hoping to piggybackon this thread, otherwise might need to post a new one.

Yesterday, my 98 camry LE would not lock from the driver's door (Key would not rotate counterclockwise, but would open all doors by rotating clockwise). If I opened the door the power lock button would lock all the doors. Along the same lines, if I manually key-locked all the doors from the passenger door...all was good.

Today, the driver's side power lock button would not lock the driver door either, nor would it lock any other door. Doing the same on the passenger side would lock all the doors except for the driver's door.

I can lock the driver door by manually closing the "flap" adjacent to the door handle.

What broke? The actuator? The lock itself? Not sure what the progression I describe above means (inability to turn key to lock all doors one day and inability to use power door locks the next)

THanks for your suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts