Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gen 6 (2009) Camry LE (so no dual climate control). I've noticed the passenger side blows AC, but the drivers side will only blow ambient temperature air. When I throw on the heat instead, it's opposite, the passenger side will barely have hot air and also be close to ambient, but blows hot air out the driver side. I don't believe it is a fuse as a few times it will randomly work properly and blow out hot air from both or cold air from both. Any suggestions on what to check/fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
I have a gen 6 (2009) Camry LE (so no dual climate control). I've noticed the passenger side blows AC, but the drivers side will only blow ambient temperature air. When I throw on the heat instead, it's opposite, the passenger side will barely have hot air and also be close to ambient, but blows hot air out the driver side. I don't believe it is a fuse as a few times it will randomly work properly and blow out hot air from both or cold air from both. Any suggestions on what to check/fix?

Thanks
Hi Karbonfyber,
Remember me ?? I helped you with your MDX hid retrofit. Anyways my Gen6 Camry started to do this on Saturday while driving a 45 mile trip. My AC would blow room temperature air out of the drivers side vents and cold air out of the passenger side vents. I googled this problem and its very common on the gen Camry. Our air conditioners need to be recharged. So I am going to go and buy the AC Pro recharge kit and this my self. The kit runs between $27-40 depending where you buy it. I already have the hose and the gage since I have done this to other vehicles. There are YouTube videos on how to do this. When I do this I will post with my findings. Here is a link to the product. I am going to go to my local autozone, since I already have the hose and gage all I need is the can of refrigerant which is $27. Here is a link to the product.

Glenn

Sent from my A622GL using Tapatalk

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts

Thanks
Here is a picture of the hose and gage that you use with the AC Pro Charge
Glenn

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Karbonfyber,
Remember me ?? I helped you with your MDX hid retrofit. Anyways my Gen6 Camry started to do this on Saturday while driving a 45 mile trip. My AC would blow room temperature air out of the drivers side vents and cold air out of the passenger side vents. I googled this problem and its very common on the gen Camry. Our air conditioners need to be recharged. So I am going to go and buy the AC Pro recharge kit and this my self. The kit runs between $27-40 depending where you buy it. I already have the hose and the gage since I have done this to other vehicles. There are YouTube videos on how to do this. When I do this I will post with my findings. Here is a link to the product. I am going to go to my local autozone, since I already have the hose and gage all I need is the can of refrigerant which is $27. Here is a link to the product.
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Synthetic-Conditioning-Refrigerant-Dispenser/dp/B007USCM7E?SubscriptionId=AKIAIKOHFALUJCKC3KXQ&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B007USCM7E&linkCode=xm2&psc=1&tag=bestprice_us_yahoo_desktop-20&m=A281ICWJBRZ31L

Glenn

Hey Glenn I do remember you, about to do another pair of MDX retrofit headlights actually =)

Was yours blowing hot air out the driver side and not on the passenger side if you switched it to heat also? That's my worry is that it isn't just the cold air that is messed up, its also the hot air

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
Hey Glenn I do remember you, about to do another pair of MDX retrofit headlights actually =)

Was yours blowing hot air out the driver side and not on the passenger side if you switched it to heat also? That's my worry is that it isn't just the cold air that is messed up, its also the hot air
I took my Camry SE for a drive and tested the heat and ac. The heat blew hot out of all the vents. The ac only blows cold out of the passenger side vents. I did this test on my way to Walmart where I did buy the AC Pro R134 refrigerant so I am going to try this and hopefully this works. I will post back here with my results. I also just redid my MDX retrofit with new headlights since my old ones were gone.
Glenn

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
To karbonfyber,
I put in the AC PRO Refrigerant and my A/C now works perfectly and blows Ice Cold. So yours must be a different problem. Sorry I couldn't help :-( hopefully you can get this resolved

Glenn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
glenn14
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing