Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
T100, FJ80, PriusC
96' T100
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2013 Prius C was rear ended at a stop light, it was also pushed into the car in front of us. The accident did not cause the airbags to go off in the Prius but it did in the other 2 cars. After $12000 of repairs we just got the car back (yes 12k, why they did not total it is beyond us!). So it feels like it needs an alignment which we are getting today, but the more important concern is it feels like there is resistance when you accelerate, it is no longer a super smooth feeling like it was before and you can feel a slight grinding in the acceleration. It's almost like the E-Brake is on slightly and there might be some sand stuck between the pads and rotors, obviously that is not the case just trying to describe the issue as best as possible.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this sensation in the drivetrain? Is there a torque converter in these things? I think the front frame was bent in the accident but should have been repaired, would a bent frame be causing this sensation? I don't really know anything about how these hybrids work. I know about my T100 and Land Cruiser.

·
6,489 Posts
Good you are ok after that accident.

I hate to say so, but you better off ridding of that car. It will be nothing but trouble from now on.
1. No, there are no torque convertors or clutches.
2. It's almost like the E-Brake is on slightly and there might be some sand stuck between the pads and rotors, obviously that is not the case How do you know it is not? Or, stuck caliper? Double end collision will result in all kinds of body and structural components damage, no matter how much repaired. I am still wondering, how come air bags didn't deploy. That said, anything is possible now.
This is why you better off ridding of the car. As, after insurance settled, YOU will be the one to pay for follow up repairs and many will come.
Harsh as it may sound. True, unfortunately. I'd not own any rear ended hybrid to start with, because of where the traction battery is located. In the trunk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts