Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to add some PIAA driving lights to my car, but I'm wondering how far down the road something like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-PIAA-004XT-400-XTREME-WHITE-Driving-Fog-light-Kit_W0QQitemZ8020957127QQcategoryZ33709QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
those will light up. Right now I have Silverstars which are way better than stcok, but I still find myself trying to flip on my highbeams to light up the road more, just to realize they are already on....Basically, I just want lights that "shoot" straight out infront of the car instead of lighting up everything on the sides of the road. Also, I'm not dead set on PIAA, I just thought they were teh best...any imput is appreciated.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
get some projectors and hids...that's the only "real" way of getting more directional light in front of you

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Concentrated fogs will help a lot. I think those will help a bit. But i think ur looking more for a projector HID type...Most of these lights willl spread regardless of their intensity.

·
Registered
132 Posts
if you want better light intensity on the road, fog lights are the way to go. They can be directed to point directly at the road however far you want them. they aren't overly expensive (unlike HIDs) and are easy to install for the most part. i had them on my last car, I never had to flip to highbeams. I don't have them on my current car, but am thinking of getting some. make sure to get the right kind, (rectangular, circle, rounded rectangle, etc, etc) for the body style of your car...or you could just go all out and get some rally fogs, lol :lol:

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
As a joke me and my freind put 12 Baja Offroad 8" Fog Lights accross his bumper of his Corrolla....LOL and put 4 regular fog lights in the bottom grill of the bumper.

when u turned them on man that fucker was bright!!! lol lit up the road. the trees, forest, people, houses everything

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
^ Rally Corolla yo! Just hope a plane doesn't try to land on you or someone doesn't report you as a UFO. :lol:

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
lol he did get pulled over for disturbing the peace, Traffic Endangerment, Light pollution??? and to many lights on a car

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I had driving lights (not fog lights) on my '94 camry. Those things were bright as hell I loved them,especially how I used to drive on some dark ass roads at night, they really helped.

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SO how much better will those projector ones be than the first ones I posted? And does anyone have any other brand/ style that they recommend?

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sonyminidiscman said:
mine goes FAR......... and bright......... cause of the HID... haha... I love them!!!
Well, how bout more detail? Kind, where ya goit em, how much?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Grayguy said:
Well, how bout more detail? Kind, where ya goit em, how much?
sorry about that... i was doing some online shopping........ and got distracted while posting...

um........headlight modules are off ebay... just reflectors, not projectors...

and HID were off ebay also....... everything from start to finish cost me about 800 cnd......... i installed it myself...

HID color are 4700k........ u can see them in my car domain page.

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
520 Posts

These are the best you can get for distance they are sold at any big rig dealer and they will shine for a mile+. They are fairly cheap at $60.00 for a set but then you will need a relay and wire and a very good toggle switch. These are those very bright lights that truckers run on the highway and the only ones I'll use on my work van. I have tried all kinds of other lights but they pale in comparison. They come in a 6 inch and a 4 inch size depending on what you want but the 6 inch is much brighter..

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting, but I'm pretty sure that 4 inch lights will be too big to fit in the front bumper.

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
520 Posts
Grayguy said:
Interesting, but I'm pretty sure that 4 inch lights will be too big to fit in the front bumper.

Well you wanted to be able see so I told you about those.. Other than that most square style won't go the distance they will just brighten up the road in front of you..

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I measured teh holes at one point, but I forget what they are. I"ll have to re-measure I suppose.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts