Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that i can drop a V6 But i wanna know if anyone has dropped a V8 and what kind of enhancements id be needing to do or what problems i might run into! Thanks

·
Boooost
159 Posts
yes...someone has dropped a v8 into our celis...only problem is the money...it's a lot of work...but why would you want a v8 in your celi??3sgte would be my first choice and most people here in TN...3sgte has a lot of potential when tuning...plus v8's will be wayy to heavy for the celi and you'll most defenitely have traction problems...i say grab a 3sgte and with all the money you'll be spending on the soarer engine to be installed...throw it in the 3sgte..add a bigger turbo..fuel pump..fmic and such..and you'll be more than happy with it..

·
Registered
443 Posts
3sgte is the way to go.. or 5s-FTE turbo upgraded mottor..

but if you realy want to try out a v6 you can always drop a 1mz into the car. but thats alot of work and money, not as much as puting a v8 in, but still alot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The v8 swap can be done, but requires a lot of work including cutting the firewall, making a new engine cradle, and basically reworking the underside of the car to accept rwd since the v8 wouldnt fit transversely.

So if you have 10-15k to throw at your car, it might just work.

I personally like the v6 idea better. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts