Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TN god
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 DC prerunner sport that had warped rotors, so i took it to the dealership to have fixed. They needed to order the parts, so they gave me a extended cab barebones taco as a rental.

WOW, what a differance!!

The stock prerunner suspension is about a billion times better. The base model feels like you are sitting on a bar stool in the middle of a king size water bed, while two retarded mules are trying to hump next to you. It only had 11k miles on it, so i dont think the shocks were blown.

And although i took out the air filter to get the "cold air intake" effect, i think my old 87 chevy sprint I had in high school would give it a run for its money in a drag race. 4cyl + auto trans = :thumbdown

It felt more like driving a chevy colorado than a taco! I'm soooooo glad to have my truck back!

If anyone is considering getting a new or used tacoma, DEFINATLY get a TRD model!! They are definatly worth the price differance.
 

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
Joined
·
10,653 Posts
Now you've hurt the feelings of all the base taco owners. :sosad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
Pb said:
Now you've hurt the feelings of all the base taco owners. :sosad:
:lol:

Sad but true :naughty:
 

·
"Clean" the best mod.
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
I felt like I was inthe truck when you mentioned the mules.
 

·
Taco-ma-ma
Joined
·
124 Posts
Marty....Dude...... I know exactly what you mean! The TRD suspension was just to flimsy and squishy for me, so I bought a base model and put about 4 grand in new parts to get a decent ride. (No sense in buying a TRD and just throwing them parts back in the corner of the garage!). Aftermarket high tech is where it's at, man!
 

·
TN god
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remarkable said:
Marty....Dude...... I know exactly what you mean! The TRD suspension was just to flimsy and squishy for me, so I bought a base model and put about 4 grand in new parts to get a decent ride. (No sense in buying a TRD and just throwing them parts back in the corner of the garage!). Aftermarket high tech is where it's at, man!

No dude, im talking about the BONE STOCK TRD suspension compaired to the base tacoma. I had aftermarket items on my truck, and they did obviously perform even better than the TRD stuff, but the differance was NO WHERE NEAR the differance between the base and the stock TRD suspension..

Sorry if i made anyone mad who owns a base model, but i shouldnt have. This is my opinion, and im sure whoever bought a tacoma drove differant configurations of truck and picked the base because of their own reason. They might only look at a vehicle to get from point A to point B, ect..
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Hey Marty what set up are you running now? I remember that you removed your tire?
Any new pictures??
Your truck was a big inspiration to me getting the MB Rockers!
 

·
"Clean" the best mod.
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Remarkable said:
Marty....Dude...... I know exactly what you mean! The TRD suspension was just to flimsy and squishy for me, so I bought a base model and put about 4 grand in new parts to get a decent ride. (No sense in buying a TRD and just throwing them parts back in the corner of the garage!). Aftermarket high tech is where it's at, man!

Please stop crying...:rolleyes: Thats not what he meant by the post. But this is obviosly what you meant. Get a life.
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Remarkable said:
Marty....Dude...... I know exactly what you mean! The TRD suspension was just to flimsy and squishy for me, so I bought a base model and put about 4 grand in new parts to get a decent ride. (No sense in buying a TRD and just throwing them parts back in the corner of the garage!). Aftermarket high tech is where it's at, man!
Do you have picture of your 4 grand suspension??? I'd love to see it??:clap: :clap:
 

·
TN god
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
toku58 said:
Hey Marty what set up are you running now? I remember that you removed your tire?
Any new pictures??
Your truck was a big inspiration to me getting the MB Rockers!

Yeah dude, i sold my tires and coilovers and put everything back to stock. So i'm back to driving a bone stock prerunner... minus all of the stickers and badges.

I want to lift it again, as soon as i get things done to the house, so i kept the rims.

Yours looks KILLER dude!
 

·
Taco-ma-ma
Joined
·
124 Posts
First of all, I want to say that this is a great Forum! I've learned so much here and incorporated many of the mods- people notice these mods all the time and positively respond to them. I respect Marty because he has his opinion on what he likes in his Tacoma. Personally, I buy a base model so that I can customize to my personal preference. cj99si- if you want to take a crap in the passenger seat and name your truck the "turd mobile', I say more power to you! I don't like the TRD factory suspension- I'm not trying to diss you- I just don't prefer it. Here's to personal customization and the fact we like different colors, unique stereos and mods like PB's air horns!
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Remarkable said:
First of all, I want to say that this is a great Forum! I've learned so much here and incorporated many of the mods- people notice these mods all the time and positively respond to them. I respect Marty because he has his opinion on what he likes in his Tacoma. Personally, I buy a base model so that I can customize to my personal preference. cj99si- if you want to take a crap in the passenger seat and name your truck the "turd mobile', I say more power to you! I don't like the TRD factory suspension- I'm not trying to diss you- I just don't prefer it. Here's to personal customization and the fact we like different colors, unique stereos and mods like PB's air horns!
Hey "Remarkable" We all respect each others opinion. That's what makes TN better than the rest of the forums.
But your first response was clearly "sarcastic", So you can't get too upset about "cj99s" reply.
As for myself it was a waste of money to get the TRD package. Because I lifted my truck and I'm gonna get wet okole seat covers. But I wanted the "locker" and my dealer said I needed to buy the upgrade package? They would not bring the truck in on a special order? So I paid an extra $3K for the locker.:dunno:
So in all fairness there was really no reason for you to take offense at Marty McFly 's post and respond with sarcasm.
If you got your truck stock with no upgrades, because you wanted to do it yourself? Then I think that's GREAT!
And I'm sure "Marty" never intended to offend anyone!
:respect: :thumbup: :thumbup:

P.S. I still would love to see that 4 grand suspension!:D :naughty: :naughty: :D
 

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
Go PreRunner!!
 

·
Taco-ma-ma
Joined
·
124 Posts
Hey Toku- your're a stand-up guy! I have nothing to complain about. I've received a lot more than I've given to this Forum. I see you caught the sarcasm. I will say this- I do have over 4 grand in my stereo and the suspension is close!
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Remarkable said:
Hey Toku- your're a stand-up guy! I have nothing to complain about. I've received a lot more than I've given to this Forum. I see you caught the sarcasm. I will say this- I do have over 4 grand in my stereo and the suspension is close!
No problem! I would love to see any mods that anyone has done! I'm a picture kind of guy!!:lol: :lol:
I rather see picture than read!!:thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
Toku is probably the only guy that would admit to getting Playboy just for the "Pictures":lol:

Marc M
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Marc M said:
Toku is probably the only guy that would admit to getting Playboy just for the "Pictures":lol:

Marc M
Fo Sho!! You mean there's articles in there??:dunno: :dunno: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top