Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Well, $16,000 car with $6,000 worth of mods = $22,000 which = used or almost a new WRX.

Hmmmm...

However, it is a great little car out of the box, but it looks like it is more about image than pure preformance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
as for insurance for the srt-4 i am 21 and state farm along with allstate have quoted me around 110-115 per month.................i would say thats pretty good considering it will hang and beat quite a lot on the road today

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also just recently took one for a test drive and I'm not too sure what to think yet.

For one thing, why doesn't the tach indicate where the redline is? I had no idea that I was supposed to be shifting at 6k and so I was thinking I'd take it up to 7k. Even after I figured out that it didn't rev that high, I still didn't know where I was supposed to be shifting.

The car did feel a bit heavy to me but I think a lot of that would be cured if it didn't have stockdelsolitis. Seriously, if it came equipped with AWD it would make a great rally car. I think before I could become dead set on this car, I would need to test drive it with the TRD blower and a short throw shifter. Suspension quirks can usually always be resolved easily.

I can say that it is a step up from the usual at the same price range.

Talisman, your username looks familiar. Redline board? I used to post on there under vtec16l.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: drove a new Scion tC 5 sp, not really impressed

joel_musicman said:
So at 22k you now have a car with full TRD package at the price of a stock Celica GTS, with one key advantage....

TORQUE!

-Joel
22 thousand puts u in a bracket with the srt4, ion redline, cobalt ss, and i guess u can throw the spec v in there for kicks:lol:... even though it would be outgunned in power by the srt/redline/cobalt... id still buy a toyota over a GM or a Dodge with forced induction:jerkit:

·
Registered
57 Posts
For insurance reasons you could buy the car stock, and then later when the SC package comes, have it installed without bothering to tell the Insurance company of course. And your still paying for a low risk car.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts