Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
RansomHoliday said:
Does the Gen 5 Se have disc brakes in the rear? I was just wondering if anyone had ever done a conversion or anything from drum to disc for the Le.
a) I don't know and b)not in recent memory

Since the vast majority of the braking occurs on the front wheels and the change over, if practical, would cost in the 4 figures, why would you want to do this? Serious question. Unless you are frequently pulling a heavy trailer, I just can't imagine this would even be noticed, but toi make the change over it would involve replacing a lot of stuff and then calibrating the hydraulics.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
RansomHoliday said:
oh i dont want to and im not considering it. i was just wondering if anyone ever had. i know how much it would cost and such i was just curious. my friend is going to do that to his focus and it just made me curious if anyone had ever done it to a gen 5.
To a Focus? I'm wagering that your friend is single, under 26, and making WAY too much money and has a bunch to burn, huh?

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
^ ahahah or hes trying to do as many mods as possible to his car because its going to be a "show" car

... and yes the SE's have the rear disc brakes

·
Registered
830 Posts
i was thinkin about doin the drum to disc swap and i was asking one of the techs at work, and he said with toyota u might get lucky and it just be bolt ons, and just have to change the brake lines. but he also said that if its not, and there's different measurements, then ur ****ed and u have to like totally redo ur backend cuz of the differences.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts