Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"S" everywhere
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any1 upgrade rear drums brake to discs brake on '03+ corollas...price? where's about?

were there any paint support extreme high heat resistant for drums brake?

mine has burned after came back from track. it was alrite on daily used.

·
"S" everywhere
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
varietta said:
hey man, this is kevin (silver ae86). what kind of paint did you previously use?

i think any high temp. brake caliper paint would withstand the heat from some mild track use? :)
so it is u Kev, wassup?

the red paint on my caliper was ok, but on the drums got burned... cuz drums were made of steel aye, so it produce more heat.

i got the paint from Canadian Tire, sorry 4 got the name thow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
dark_serphen said:
so it is u Kev, wassup?

the red paint on my caliper was ok, but on the drums got burned... cuz drums were made of steel aye, so it produce more heat.

i got the paint from Canadian Tire, sorry 4 got the name thow.
Cool I would actualy like to see that.
I guess you can try mounting celica rear discs...not sure if it will align properly thoe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just get the discs from another corolla so that they will just
bolt right on, NO modifications to do...parts will be easy to find.

as far as your caliper paints... buy the specified caliper paints
may stores sell these and NOPI and automotive paint suppliers
and don't forget to guy the clear paint for it too..
after a couple of coats with the color, let them dry completely
and then give it a couple of coats of clear... they'll last!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
someone on 2003corolla.org did a rear disk brake swap. there are a couple of kits out there.

larger front brakes would improve your stopping more that rear disk since 80% of the vehicles weight shifts to the front when stopping

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
"just get the discs from another corolla so that they will just
bolt right on, NO modifications to do...parts will be easy to find"

Right except no Corolla with his chassis has rear discs.

I personally know someone with an '04 Corolla with a rear-disc brake conversion from a Matrix XRS.

In fact he will be selling the kit on his website as soon as testing is done. Unfortunatly I have no idea when it will be available.
http://www.vpower.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=80_53_58&products_id=85

·
Do you wanna have a try??
Corolla AE101
92 Posts
Yeah... Just change it to the Corolla Rear Disk Brake...
No Hazzards when you put it on... just have to do some adjustment on the brake fluid pressure...
Please ensure that when you push your brake pedal, your rear brake won lock up easily :)

Very Dangerous :eek:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
some times all you have to do is remove the drum assembly and bolt on the disc assembly my boy did it to a saturn he didn't even remove the suspension to do the swap. and wouldn't the matrix or a celica rear assembly fit?

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
It seems like people aren't reading the thread.

I already posted that this swap has been done and there is a kit for it.
For sourcing parts to do the swap on an 03+ Corolla, there is only one donor car in north america that has the brakes that will fit, and it's the Matrix XRS. The matrix is on the 03+ Corolla platform and has basically the same chassis.
:thumbup:

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Well, unless you tend to full out race on track, double the horsepower or add alot of weight to the car, the drums will work just fine and give you alot less headaches than aftermarket disc installations.:rolleyes:

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
I think it's a good mod to compliment the TRD Super Charger.
With that the 03 will be faster than the new Corolla XRS.
Which BTW comes stock with Rear discs, so as soon as people start wrecking them, you can get those brakes:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
"S" everywhere
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris Corolla S said:
I think it's a good mod to compliment the TRD Super Charger.
With that the 03 will be faster than the new Corolla XRS.
Which BTW comes stock with Rear discs, so as soon as people start wrecking them, you can get those brakes:thumbup: :thumbup:
but first want to know the price first man... i have spent too much $$ on it already
:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.