Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i got to installing my DTLH today with my empire 02 sim's problem is that i was only able to get one 02 sensor out, since all the others had rusted on pretty bad. Well, i went to buy a new universal 02 sim at kragans, and i though that i wired it up correctly but i'm throwing the p0051 which is the a/f ratio code from a ban sensor. Well the oem sensor has 3 collors and 4 wires, 2 are black, one is blue, and the other is white. The universal has 2 white, one black, and a grey. So i wired them up as the 2 black = the 2 white, the blue = the black, and the grey to the one white. Well i'm stumped and figured i wasted $80, does anyone know what wires really need to go where. The way i configured the wiring is by placing the plugs next to each other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. i did the install alone, and it sucked royally. i started at 1pm and ended at 8:30pm

·
SWB Fo' Life
07 Xtracab 4x4
1,503 Posts
haha he did hit me up, like 3 times, but he still screwed up! jk jk, dude, ken, try using your rear sensors....MAYBE....maybe it'll work?? If not, just try harder to remove the stuck sensor. Since its pretty late already, soak the sensor/header in some WD-40 and wait an hour, then try. Or you can try re-arranging the wires a lil bit.

Or you can wait for me to get back so I can make things right again?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude i got an 02 sensor socket and i stripped 2 already, those sensors ain't going no where. LOL. MJ i had those headers for like 3 years, and just never installed them. There chrome plated from the first group buy. I stock pile sometimes, lol and i just happen to stock pile truck projects, lol. I'm working on the OBA after i get the header project fixed.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's a universal 02 sensor, you jut to length and you cut the old harness from the stuck or broken 02 sensor and just match up the color wires. I did that but i must have some wires crosses.

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
LOL. MJ i had those headers for like 3 years, and just never installed them. There chrome plated from the first group buy. I stock pile sometimes, lol and i just happen to stock pile truck projects, lol.
I hear ya on that one. Mine have been sitting in my garage for a year or so, and the Empire SIM is in my basement.

I also have a pile of stuff to install on/in the truck. I am currently doing an OEM leather kit with heated seats. Damn they are nice!!

Marc M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.