Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! I kept seeing people posting that they did theirs and yet no pics? So I made sure I took some to help everyone out!!
Good luck!!
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What fuse and wire????
If you are referring to the fuse block in the pictures? Then it is located behind the coin compartment above the parking brake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Thank you toku58! I like it when you have the detail pics. :clap: At least I can follow it instead of just instruction of what go what. Good Job!! I will be getting this done when I get my truck in 2 weeks straight from the factory. :D
 

·
2009 PreRunner Sport DC
Joined
·
219 Posts
Toku, Excellent DIY pictures!! But I have a couple of questions, is the black box the relay that was one of the parts that is ordered? Also, I don't see where the relay box was installed? Or was the black box already on the truck and you just removed it because it make it easier to work on? Thanks for helping everyone out! Sorry for the stupid questions..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Jeffrich21 said:
is the black box the relay that was one of the parts that is ordered? Also, I don't see where the relay box was installed? .
Yes. The black box is the new flasher (Relay) to replace the original one.Once you get the fuse box out abit you'll see a clip on the steering wheel side that it slips into..

I found it a bit of a pain to get my hands in there but you can.
 

·
Tina come get some ham
05 Sport 4X4
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Great DIY toku! Thanks for the detailed pics and info. I may actually consider doing this mod now. Awesome job.
 

·
Registered
06 V6 DC TRD Sport
Joined
·
259 Posts
Still waiting for mine to come in. From the looks of your instructions I will buy you two beers. One each for pointing me in the right direction for buying the parts and now how to install them with awsome pics. Thanks:thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Jeffrich21 said:
Toku, Excellent DIY pictures!! But I have a couple of questions, is the black box the relay that was one of the parts that is ordered? Also, I don't see where the relay box was installed? Or was the black box already on the truck and you just removed it because it make it easier to work on? Thanks for helping everyone out! Sorry for the stupid questions..
Yes the black box is the relay, and yes it is one of the New parts. This is the clip where the relay mounts it is located on the steering column side of the fuse block.


rpmspeedyBlue said:

I paid $51.13 including shipping at www.TRDparts4U.com. Same place everyone ordered their parts from.
$11.14 - wire Harness
$30.00- DTRL relay
$9.99- shipping
-------------------
$51.13 TOTAL
^^^Exactly^^
 

·
Registered
06RERUNNER SPORT
Joined
·
87 Posts
Thanks for showing how to do it,,,, I just did not want to take it back apart to take pics,,,,
And since i was one of the first i was all giddy with excitement to get them on there,,,,,:whatwhat:


and i did not think about it till i was all done ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
toku58 said:
What fuse and wire????
If you are referring to the fuse block in the pictures? Then it is located behind the coin compartment above the parking brake.
what i mean is does the DTRLs use the same turnsignal filaments of the bulbs? or does it use the smaller filament like some of the other DTRL mods?
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rydr1 said:
what i mean is does the DTRLs use the same turnsignal filaments of the bulbs? or does it use the smaller filament like some of the other DTRL mods?
Yes it uses the turn signal, So it is much brighter than the third plug mod.
 

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
toku58 said:
Yes it uses the turn signal, So it is much brighter than the third plug mod.
If they operate as the turning signal's brightness... what happens when you turn on the turning signal.
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
viet2100 said:
If they operate as the turning signal's brightness... what happens when you turn on the turning signal.
The relay interrupts the signal and they work as normal. (It flashes)
In fact I had the other MOD using the 3rd plug, but this Mods disabled that one so it no longer works. I think it controls it with the common.
 

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
I completed my DTRL mod today and it was a royal PITA. In my case, I also have the factory RS3200+ alarm system which I installed last summer. There is a plethora of extra wiring harnesses in the fusebox area which resulted in alot more wiggling and jiggling of things.

I love how bright the lights are and this is something I probably won't see around here in my area.

Marc M
 
1 - 20 of 272 Posts
Top