Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
COROLLA!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a question. I've had a recommendation that I'm a little unsure about. Want some opinions with a little back up info. I was referred to the idea of and now thinking about dual exhaust on my 05 cor xrs. I currently have an injen intake and am purchasing a magnaflow catback exhaust. Would it wise or stupid to dual exhaust the vehicle out.

And also if it might be a recommended possibility, what steps would I want to take to make this happen, cuz it kind of do want to do it as long as it's not going to be detrimental to my pride and joy :)

What specific type of header such as ceramic, pacesetter, etc... would be recommended for highest durability/performance??

I've tried sorting through different threads and couldn't seem to locate anything pertaining exactly to this so I'm asking for some feedback from the veterans please.....

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
dual exhaust on a corolla can be iffy; on some it looks bad but on a few it looks great, just don't get retarded dual fart cans. as far as a header for an xrs, a PPE Race header would be the best.

·
Registered
COROLLA!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm also looking to get a high flow cat with my exhaust, is there anything aftermarket I should look at to connect cat to header or is it already all inclusive.....

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
check out ppeengineering.com, you can get the header and a midpipe with the option for a cat and resonator.

·
Registered
COROLLA!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright cool, I'm gonna go with the set up on the site. gonna call them and figure out a set up for what exactly I'm looking for cuz I'll probably need to have someone talk me through it who knows what their talking about vs. my inexperience hitting the checkout button on everything lol. Thanks again I appreciate all your feedback in all my posts and such :)

·
Banned
212 Posts
Just realize this is purely cosmetic and will not give you anything more then a decent single exhaust would give you.

·
Registered
COROLLA!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok. That's good to know, I was under the impression that it would help with air flow and what not, I'll keep that in the back of my head thanks.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
be careful with going dual cause if you do it wrong it can be horrible in soooo many ways. think about it as much as possible and take your time so you can get exactly what you want

·
Registered
COROLLA!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet! thanks, I'm just trying to gather info. I'm looking to do the exhaust and maybe a couple other things and just not too sure what route to go so I'm asking around because I don't always trust my friends opinions on the matter lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts