Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going tonight to get duals put on my 89 4x4 v6
ill post how i like them tomorrow. my uncle owns a muffler shop so im getting it done cheap since me and my dad are going to help him do it.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i got it done. i left the stock pipe to the flowmaster muffler. its a 40s series. it is a single 3" inlet and a dual 2.5" outlet. we had to make a sleeve for the muffler to fit. i ran 2.5" pipe to 3.5" tips. it is louder than i wanted but i have never heard a v6 this deep. i love it. it is a little louder than i wanted but ill live.
ill try to either record the sound of it on my phone or either do a short video of it. how do i post a vid or a sound? the same as a picture? can i do it though photobucket?

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok here is the video. it is not good quality and doesnt justify the sound of the truck since i did it on my phone, but you can get an idea anyways. also, Jayota, do you have a video of yours i was intrested in how it sounds.

just click on the "picture" and it will open another window and start playing.

· Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,414 Posts
Hmm, sounds a little odd due to the car port - think you can get one on the street?

I have some videos - search Jay351 on youtube, there is a few videos. I have not had acsess to a camera with video + sound for amost a year, so they are all very old videos.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gimme about 10 min and ill have another one outside but another reason it doesnt sound good is because i did it with my phone.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
never mind i tried it again and it sounded just as bad. its because of my phone. i might get my moms digital camera sometime and try it again.

· Registered
89 p'up
849 Posts
i don't really understand the want for a dual exhaust pipe. it adds some weight, and usually negates the spare tire bracket on the systems i've seen. is this for asthetics or was there some dyno time for more torque ? looks like it hurts your exit angle on the rear end while wheeling ?

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i had to take my spare tire out but i like the way it sounds.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i cant tell much difference except where before i might have to gear down on a hill i dont usually have to anymore. i didnt want to do it for power though, i just wanted it for sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.