Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I have drove my daughter's 97 camry at night. Is the heat, ac control panel suppose to light up with the lights on. I noticed last night her panel where the big knobs turn on off and big knob for adjusting to heat air defrost is dark. I wanted to check before I pulled it out seems who ever owned it before let every light bulb go out and did not replace any.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so would it be the fuses under dash on drivers side or under hood thought I would ask and check first before taking apart

·
Registered
145 Posts
more likely someone was in there putting in a stereo or something...and prolly didnt connect things right....those bulbs RARELY go out....one maybe...unlikely ALL of them.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Could be a fried dimmer knob. See if it's still dimming the gauge lights as well. Other than that... time to play with a multimeter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyone's help. Got it apart and both light bulbs were burn out. I had a couple of these and put them in and they both came on and worked great. Now she has lights there, boy I love toyota's they are so easy to work on

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same problem on my 99 Camry... Only the lights on the AC knobs are gone so i don't think it is the dimmer. How can I open it to check... not really sure. Is it just the 2 screws by the radio and prying the clip on the cover off to take it apart?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
You gotta take the knobs off (just pull out) and then there's three screws. Then the faceplate will come off and you'll see the bulbs.

Reactions: ruffryder876
1 - 11 of 11 Posts