Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I talked to a dealer about trading in my 06 Silverado 4WD CC for a 06 Tundra 4WD Access Cab and the numbers don't look too bad. I plan on getting a lease on the Tundra due to the fact that I dont keep vehicles for too long....everyone I get I say I'm going to keep forever but never do. Ironically in the long run the complete price (if I keep it after the lease) is almost the same as the Silverado. Its all contingent on my wife approving the size of the backseat. :thumbup: I'm going to sleep on it tonight....Opinions please!

I like the 07's but I prefer the little bit smaller size of the 06 Tundra's.....and a double cab long bed Tacoma is about the same price as a 06 Tudnra right now.....

Thanks YourSalesRep09 for all the help!!!!

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Yeah, I think you should get the Tundra. Honestly I love how it looks, but have never driven one. I always loved the look of the Toyota Tundra Yamaha Edition...

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
If the majority of the reason behind the switch is to save money, wouldn't the tacoma be cheaper to own in the long run, because of gas/insurance?

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Do you like what you have?

If yes, stick with it.

If no, consider switching. It's fairly obvious as to what the answer on this board is going to be, but go with whatever you prefer and whatever makes the most financial sense. Myself I prefer the styling of the Silvy (more the Sierra, actually).

But as to whether which is the better truck, will be up to YOU to test drive. Not TN, not some magazine, but YOU.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
^ what he said:lol:

·
Registered
497 Posts
06 Silverado is a nicer looking truck than the 06 Tundra. Is there a reason why you want to trade it in?

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
repinS said:
But as to whether which is the better truck, will be up to YOU to test drive. Not TN, not some magazine, but YOU.
Yeah I knew what the answer was going to be, and I knew if I posted on any GM sites what the answer would be :lol:

Now I do like what I drive, but its a little too big. But I am taking a major hit selling it now, but in the long run the Tundra holds its value better. I looked into buying a used one but anything from 04-06, would greatly increase the payments I pay now, due to the serious depreciation of the Chevy....8 thousand in six months :ugh3: . I know all trucks take a hit when you purchase new, but thats more than I figured, not that I figured on selling in six months either. I looked into purchasing a 01-03 with lower miles but the best I could do, with an extended warranty, is lower the payments slightly (but cut at least a year off the end of the loan) and I'm trading an 06 with 5500 miles for an 02 with 60000 miles.

As for the Tacoma, they are nice, I know I owned one (04)...but I would need a double cab in a Tacoma and the bed is too small...so a long bed would have to do, and IMO the long bed DCab is ugly and believe it or not pretty much the same price OR MORE as an 06 Tundra. Used Tacoma prices are almost identical to new ones...once again holding value better.

I knew this post was going to be skewed but opinions are welcome, last time I posted about this I got quite a few PM's helping me out (multiple people). I'm going to do whatever I want anyways...........as long as its ok with my wife :lol:

I'm not budging on price at all...if the numbers aren't what I want, then I'm not getting it.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
dana_15 said:
But I am taking a major hit selling it now, but in the long run the Tundra holds its value better.
Sounds like it may not make financial sense then. If you were to start from scratch and buy new - by all means the Tundra would be a solid choice.

Drive the thing to the ground, resale won't matter when that happens ;)

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
repinS said:
Sounds like it may not make financial sense then. If you were to start from scratch and buy new - by all means the Tundra would be a solid choice.

Drive the thing to the ground, resale won't matter when that happens ;)
True, but something always comes up and I trade them in...but maybe I'll keep this one. Thanks for the info!

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
i like the taco dc long bed idea better (your 04 is smaller than the 05+) yes, long bed. the short box looks awkward. the backseat in the 06 tundra access cab is a joke. plus the taco has a more modern interior than the current tundra. this is a no brainer - go with the taco man!

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Taco's bed is too small and the prices IMO are too high for a 4X4 DCab long bed.

Bad news I went up there today and the car seat DID NOT FIT in the back of the Access Cab, it was a rear facing infants seat (used my sisters). So I was ready to walk and the saleswoman told me to wait a minute and she would look around for DCab 4X4.....grudingly I stayed knowing that the payments would be signifigantly more, my wife would be pissed and I didn't feel like hearing it. But.......they came back with a DCab 4X4 with the same options as the Access-Cab for CHEAPER!!!!!!!! Now they didn't have it in stock so I might pick it up on Monday or Tuesday :thumbup: :thumbup: Its color is Phantom Gray and it has the color keyed option, it should be easier to take of instead of the black!!!

·
Registered
2004 Tacoma 4Door
89 Posts
Phantom Gray??? Go for it.... lol - I'm sure you'll do what's right for yourself... I love that color though... I wish I had it....:D

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^Thanks Norman I knew you'd approve!

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,156 Posts
You know how I voted! LOL....Me personally, would miss the V8...but you know what you need to do for the family!

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eyeball96 said:
You know how I voted! LOL....Me personally, would miss the V8...but you know what you need to do for the family!
The Tundra has a V8 and feels a little more nimble off the line, but the 5.3 Chevy seems to have more mid and upper range......although I couldn't beat on the test drive with the saleswoman there :lol:

Also Joe I was just going to PM you...if I can find the old gold bowtie on the grille, do you want the chorme one? Cost me 50 you can have it for 10.....I'm not going to lie though I think I threw the old one out, but I'll look! Also the full sliding rear window is pretty cool :thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jaspher said:
06 Silverado is a nicer looking truck than the 06 Tundra. Is there a reason why you want to trade it in?
I voted no. Trading in such a new truck is going to leave a hole in your wallet. If you like your current truck, then i'd hang on to it...you'd pretty much be paying the same or more for a smaller truck (no crew cab), and your trade is probably going to hurt.

I really am not a huge fan of the front end of the 2003-2006 Silverados, but that black on in Dana 15's sig is amazing looking. Does he own the 2006? It's going to suck trading in a newish truck. Every car loses more value in it's first year than any other year. I'd probably hang on to it at least until I was finished paying it off.

Either way...the 2006 Tundras are good trucks, but not anything fancy nor attractive. The Access cabs are particularly small, but if you don't use them then it's not a big deal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts