Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my car in for a service and maintenance check up as well as oil change. The last time I got my dust and pollen filter replaced was in June of 2008. Ever since, I have driven only about 10,000 - 13,000 KM and the car is usually garaged rest of the time.

My question is how often should a dust and pollen filter be replaced? My car does not get driven much, as you can see I got it replaced in June 2008. Dealership is charging $54 to replace it. Any suggestions and advice as to whether I should replace it or not would be incredibly helpful?

·
Georgia
1,181 Posts
Cut your own out of furnace filter with wire backing. Mine came out to $1.50 a piece (4 out of $6 filter--bought on sale, 3M allergen filter) and I replace them every year. Used duct tape on the edges to cover sharp wires.

I am a cheapskate.

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
The danger of letting them get too dirty is the reduced air flow can cause the blower motor speed resistors to fry. (Even the electronic ones.)

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much guys. Great suggestions. They were definitely very helpful. Cheers.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
The funny thing is that baby mice can get into your cabin filter. I'm not kidding. When my dad got his Camry's replaced a few months ago the technician told us about this and that it happens quite often. Our's wasn't like that but he showed us one that had a dead mouse just petrified on it.

How can they get in there?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
The funny thing is that baby mice can get into your cabin filter. I'm not kidding. When my dad got his Camry's replaced a few months ago the technician told us about this and that it happens quite often. Our's wasn't like that but he showed us one that had a dead mouse just petrified on it.

How can they get in there?
Through the cowl under the wiper area. Might want to put up some fiberglass screen to keep them out if it is a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts