Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corolla 2010 XRS and was looking at the DxBT-2 and I had a few questions.

What am I looking at in terms of HP and Torque (aprox is fine)?
What am I looking at in terms of fuel economy?
How will this effect the life of my engine and transmition?
How compatible is this with me car?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a Corolla 2010 XRS and was looking at the DxBT-2 and I had a few questions.

What am I looking at in terms of HP and Torque (aprox is fine)?
What am I looking at in terms of fuel economy?
How will this effect the life of my engine and transmition?
How compatible is this with me car?

Thanks
so thats the descendant turbo kit for the scion xb-2 if i am correct. You need to contact rob at descendant tuning shop @ 310.533.8900, I was going to call him as well about this kit, basically from my understanding it will be a tight fit on our xrs and the side mounted intercooler wont work, so you will have to get a FIC. I think that kit is good for 300 hp, depends on how you tune it.

My suggestion would be to boost only to 200 whp if you are worried about engine life. cause at 250 whp and above your engine will not last upto 200K if thats what you want, specially if you beat on it a lot, the stock internals can only handle so much. auto or 5spd ? 5spd - upgrade clutch (if boosting more than 200 whp, otherwise stock should be fine). Auto - might need a tranny cooler.

if you are boosted, you should not worry about fuel economy, if you beat on it, it will suck, if you baby the throttle well might be ok.

why i say it might be a tight fit is cause I have the afe intake from the xb-2 and I can see the battery bracket mounts holding the heat shield dont line up at all, so you might have some issues with all the piping sitting properly.

Doing this turbo upgrade involves upgrading other components as well, brakes, suspension, tires. So if you are serious about doing it, look at all these things, not just the price of the kit. also include price of tuning. Do your research, talk to rob, good luck and keep us posted.

oh and also you might want to check out scion life, tons and tons of info there on FI.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested in low end torque, not a heavy footed driver and would no use it often, but this seems like more then I can chew at least for now.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am interested in low end torque, not a heavy footed driver and would no use it often, but this seems like more then I can chew at least for now.
in that case just tune it for about 200 whp and 200 lb tQ. if you dont plan to track the car at all, just upgrade brakes when needed and maybe lower on springs.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really want nothing more as my first mod than to lower my car but I live in a town in Mexico where speed bumps are giant and all over the place.
200lb sounds nice, maybe even around 225ish hahahaha.

·
The random one
2010 Corolla CE
523 Posts
withour refering to the spring thread, TRD springs would b a good option if your looking for a mild drop. Makes your car look good, improved stability and ride comfort is almost unchanged. They just adjust the height the Corolla should have been born with. And regarding to boosting your motor, just dont go over 7-9 psi or you will compromise engine life.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much ground clearence does the car have after the TRD springs?
This would be a good place to start as I can only put toyota made parts on the car anyways. (warranty rules of Mexico)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts