Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in doing this or has info on this? A friend of mine had dyed his Civic interior black with orange streaks (I actually never saw it, but apparently it came out great) and was kind of curious of doing it myself. If anyone has done it, what kind of dye would I need to buy? How much? Is it easy to where it can be a DIY job? I wanted to start on the carpeting and on the door panel and work from there.

p.s. I am not talking about coloring the vinyl, I already know there have been posts on this

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
do a search...i kno theres people on here that have done it before...you jus have to look

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
actually i haven't seen any post on this topic at all and i have searched also.
i would also like to know cause i want to just change the color of my seats.

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
I have done my carpets, from blue to black. It was pretty easy actually. Gutted the interior, pulled out the carpets, cleaned and dyed, put it back in.

I used fabric dye in a spray can. :thumbup:

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
hasnt worn off on me, i did it about 4 months ago, and i dont have floor mats in.
Not sure how many "coats" i did, prolly 4 or 5, i just kept going till all the blue was gone, then did another 1 or 2 for good measure.
This stuff is not supposed to rub off at all ever. I know a guy who did his seats using the same stuff, and it hasnt rubbed of at all.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts