Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
My buddy used these and they were crap. He tried them multiple times with multiple quantities. Best result was a very slight decrease in vibration and worst result was the Untra-Vibe 2000. He ultimately dismounted the tire, vacumed the stuff out & brought them to a good shop. The best solution for balancing issues is bringing your truck to a good wheel shop with the right equipment & experience.

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
i did a good bit of researching on these. i haven't tried them myself, but i learned some from others experiences. first off, have the tires professionally balanced first. if you still have vibrations, and don't think it can be corrected from better balancing, then use the beads. personally, i think they are best applied with bias ply tires and other large heavy tires that don't balance easily.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
No wheel weights at all. All the tire shop has to do is mount the tire. Innovative Balancing has a tire size chart that shows how much weight you should have for your tire. Or you can e-mail them. I probably would have been fine with 5 oz, but I have read that people have had less problems if they added a little extra weight than what was recommended. So I went with 6 ounces per tire.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
It might be a good idea to order a few extra ounces incase you need to add some weight. Your tires are bigger than mine. But just try the 6oz first, and then you can always add some if you need to.

·
Toyotanation
6,975 Posts
Awe?:sosad: Now you tell me? I just got a reply that my order was sent.
That's O.K. it sort a cheap. I'm gonna try it with the weights still on first, the website say it can be done that way.
I just have a slight vibration around 50-60 mph just enough to be annoying!
Hopefully the 6 oz. will be enough.:)

·
Slightly Insane
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
toku58 said:
I'm gonna try it with the weights still on first, the website say it can be done that way.
Yank those weights off so you can give a better update as to just how well they work. ;)

Those centramatic weights look cool but I'm curious as to what airflow it would block and what difference would it make :confused:

·
Toyotanation
6,975 Posts
Hey PB? I got my Dynabeads today. I was doing calculations, I have 5.5oz inside my rims and that would equate to 2.6oz of beads needed? I used the calculation from the website.
Do you think I should remove the weights and just go with the beads???
The main reason I wanted to leave the weights is for the low speed balance. The period that the beads are settled at the bottom.
Any taught on this??
I'm just a bit gun shy? seeing this is unfamiliar territory for me?
Thanks!!
Oh? Should I lessen the amount that I put in if I do keep the weights??

·
short beds are ghey
495 Posts
toku58 said:
Hey PB? I got my Dynabeads today. I was doing calculations, I have 5.5oz inside my rims and that would equate to 2.6oz of beads needed? I used the calculation from the website.
Do you think I should remove the weights and just go with the beads???
The main reason I wanted to leave the weights is for the low speed balance. The period that the beads are settled at the bottom.
Any taught on this??
I'm just a bit gun shy? seeing this is unfamiliar territory for me?
Thanks!!
Oh? Should I lessen the amount that I put in if I do keep the weights??

Just dump 'em in there, more weight won't hurt - it'll distribute evenly. A lot of people use BBs (as in BB gun BBs) for big ornery bias-ply tires that won't balance for crap. Or that were too big to fit on a balancer. Stick a pack in each tire and roll on. The only problems with them is that each one is so large and heavy (relatively speaking) it takes up to about 20mph for them to distribute and balance things out, and it kind of sounds like one of those indian rain stick when you come to a stop. But that's normally on big clunky off-road vehicles anyway, so those gripes don't really matter. These dyna beads are just a more elegant way of doing the same thing. Load it up.

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Alright. I had 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer STTs installed yesterday. They balanced them once with a normal computer spin balancing machine and they rode like shit(front end pulls to the left, horrible wobble in the rear, light steering feel). Then they balanced them with a Hunter road force balancing machine and they rode better, all the same problems, just not as bad. I lowered the air pressure in the tires from 35 to 30 psi to try to get rid of some of the steering issues, but that made it worse. I think I might have a bad set of tires, but I don't think my tire shop will agree since all the machines said they're perfectly balanced. Should I try Dynabeads or something similar? Should I ditch the lead weights? How many oz. of Dynabeads should I use if I do ditch the leads?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Sure. Give the Dynabeads a try. Innovative Balancing has a chart that tells how much beads you need according to your tire size. Read through their FAQ section too. Do you want to break the tire bead and install the bags of beads, or try to funnel them in through the valve stem? I've heard that getting them through the valve stem is frustrating. I would just break the tire bead and put the E-Z bags of beads in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.