Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coyote07
07 Tacoma
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got deployed to Iraq in March of last year and just got back a couple of weeks ago. While I was deployed, my Mom drove my truck from Texas to NY...and well complained about the noise from my TRD exhaust system. Her complaint wasn't the first. Since I'm the type of person that likes to tinker and Mod things, I figured that some dynamat to quiet things down would be a good project for me to undertake.
And herein lies my request to all...I have an 07 Tacoma Crew Cab without the JBL system..and she's currently in storage in NY. Sooooo...I obviously have no idea how much (Sq footage) of material to purchase for my project.
I would like to do the floor(to include firewall), the back wall behind the seats, and all 4 doors. If anyone out there would be so kind as to take the measurements, or has done this mod themselves I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
I'm going to NY to pick up my Taco in a couple of weeks and would like to have the material there so I can begin working right away...anyhow a great many thanks in advance....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
For the floor you'll need about 50 sq ft of sound deadening material. I would recommend raamat/ensolite or second skin damplifier/luxury liner or if you have no budget, damplifier pro/luxury liner pro.

And, welcome to TN!

·
Coyote07
07 Tacoma
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...I guess I should have added that as well...I've never worked with sound deadening material before...so any recommendations about dynamat or other products like it are appreciated. I always ask why because I like to learn...so any specifics would be great...like I said....I thirst for knowledge

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Check out my install on the floor. Don't let the price of the second skin product scare you. I over estimated and got too much but sold the extra so total for the floor was under $400 in material. It'll be cheaper if you get raamat/ensolite. I find the SS damplifier and damplifier pro are easier to work with since they are pre-cut in large rectangles.

BTW, I have raamat/ensolite everywhere else.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284275&highlight=sound+deadening

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used 2 rolls of RAAM material (125 sq. f) on my 03 Tacoma double cab. For the doors I did outside sheets and inside as well. There was about 10% of material left, so for new double cab 125 sq.f. should be about right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts