Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the adaptive cruise control bit and find it really cool. I have often experienced the car brake by itself when, say, a car ahead of me slows down to exit a highway. My question is do the brake lights come on when the adaptive cruise control detects a car in front and slows down?

On one hand I do hope the brake lights do come on so a person behind me will realize I am slowing down. On the other, going down the highway constantly riding the brake lights might irritate those behind and I come off as a jerk who doesn't go a mile over the speed limit. What do you folks think?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes the brake light does come on, but at certain speed and certain distance set on the cruise control. I have it set on the closest distance and if the vehicle in front of me is going lets say 5 mph slower the car will gradually decrease, but if the vehicle in front is going way slower or changed lanes to in front of me, then the Camry will break with the lights on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.