Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just found this forum today and glad to see the 95-04 Tacoma section looks to be the busiest. I've owned my Taco for about a year and a half now and I love it. I've just had a couple small issues come up that I'm hoping a community can help with, as I'd prefer to do repairs myself.

First off, my e-brake light started coming on, usually when I'd be sitting idle or applying the brakes from a roll, then turning off again during acceleration. My first thought was 'low brake fluid'. But I checked the brake fluid and the level's fine. For the last few months though, that light's been on solid. What could cause this?

Latest problem: sometimes when I click on my left turn signal, I'll hear it clicking at double the speed with no lights, but the majority of the time it works like normal. I thought maybe I had a burned out bulb, but once a bulb's dead, it's dead. No coming back to life 70% of the time. What could this be all about?

I have a Haynes Repair Manual for this, and I can't for the life of me find this weird problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
Make sure your brake fluid level is at or even a little above the full line on the reservoir. I've discovered that even if the level is just a little below will cause the brake light to come on. Check your pads and shoes too, they may need to be serviced.

One or more of your bulbs may be on the verge of going out or maybe loose for some reason. Double check your turn signal bulbs to make sure they're OK.

BTW, welcome to TN.com!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
humanoid said:
Make sure your brake fluid level is at or even a little above the full line on the reservoir. I've discovered that even if the level is just a little below will cause the brake light to come on. Check your pads and shoes too, they may need to be serviced.

One or more of your bulbs may be on the verge of going out or maybe loose for some reason. Double check your turn signal bulbs to make sure they're OK.

BTW, welcome to TN.com!
Thanks. I hope they're simple solutions like that.

·
Registered
1996 Tacoma 4X4
54 Posts
Yeah, my brake warning light was doing that and my resivior was showing almost full. I topped it off and the light hasn't come on since. For what a bulb costs and the time it takes to change I'd replace it and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts