Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been browsing through Ebay and i've found quit a few parts and mods I would love to buy BUT there's just one thing that gets me...

some of the prices are soo low...I think its too good to be true? Like some of the M3 mirrors(power) are as low as 32.00US....when they retail for over 70US at online shops. Whats the dealio with that? And TRD strut tower braces for only 30US?

Am I just seeing things or is there a catch to this?

Tell me what you guys think and your Ebay experiences if you guys have any. I dont wanna get ripped off by surprise taxes and costs...so Im doing my homework on this. Till then im gonna hold off buying anything from Ebay till you guys get back to me on this.

Thanx guys!

~HiTz~

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
I use ebay all the time, both buying and selling. Make sure when you're looking at prices you include shipping, handling, insurance, and taxes that may be included. Look at the sellers feedback to get a feel for what other buyers think of them. You usually can find great deals on ebay, but sometimes they might be used or offbrands that don't work or perform as well. With some parts it doesn't matter if their quality, with some it does. Make a wise decision and think about it before you buy it. If you have any specific questions about an auction, post it on here and people will check it out and let you know if it's legit and worth it or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I feel that when using Ebay, you should make sure you buy from a seller who has a very happy feedback and also it's good to buy from someone who has been doing it for a long time. I think this way you're less likely going to be ripped off. However, just because someone doesn't have a long history on Ebay doesn't meen they'll rip you off....other way around too

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
also, there's a lot of the time where the shipping & handling costs are very high..... say, something retail is $50..... you find it on there that's going for $30...... but then look at the shipping cost, wouldn't surprise me if it's $15-20, if not more....

·
Registered
26 Posts
To the person looking at the M3 mirrors......Dont do it. They are junk and fit like crap. I am a parts guy at a toyota dealer and I have seen most of this crap. If you are going to buy...Do it local so you can see the fit / look before you part with your money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
HiTzXRS - Your in Calgary, Canada?

Watch out for across border costs. The CDN gov. wants there 7% plus any other duty related charges.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope

knightbr said:
HiTzXRS - Your in Calgary, Canada?

Watch out for across border costs. The CDN gov. wants there 7% plus any other duty related charges.
Hey, I live in Edmonton. I was just curious about the M3 mirrors. I dont need them. I just bought some killer projectors and tail lights on ebay....I cant wait to have them installed. i'll post some pics on Cardomain when I get them installed.

I'll start off small and by next summer my ride should look a lil better....

peace,

~HiTz~

·
Registered
105 Posts
My boss (read as wife) just gave me the okay to make the suspesion changes in my 00 rolla. New shocks, springs and upper strut bar to be put in soon. Yippeee....

·
BigWilly ;)
2001 Toyota Corolla
431 Posts
knightbr said:
My boss (read as wife) just gave me the okay to make the suspesion changes in my 00 rolla. New shocks, springs and upper strut bar to be put in soon. Yippeee....

whipped.. wiisshppacck! :lol: :p: j/k .. I am too :mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Aren't we all! Actually it's really funny I told her I was going to buy a new car (04 rolla) after we did the math it freaked her out so I said well let me spend $2k on suspension then. She agreed to that. See she wants the kitchen redone (new cupboards) that's going to run us $10k so really still is ahead. :lol:

·
BigWilly ;)
2001 Toyota Corolla
431 Posts
rofl.. well my boss told me I am allowed.. heh but I'm still yet to gather all the cash I need for it :rolleyes: ...:whatwhat:

·
Registered
440 Posts
The one time I bought from a buyer who didnt have a 100% feedback rating, I did not get my product! It was 28 bucks and I got my money back from paypal (they were very helpful). So be wary and remember, paypal can get you your money back in most cases if you do get duped.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually I never said I had the money either. [praying on my knees thinking "Ohhh God please let me have a big xmas bonus this year...pllllllleeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeee!".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts