Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. What kind of luck have you had with end links from ebay? I just changed out my factory struts with Monroe quick struts x4. Noticed some of the end links had torn rubber. Got a quote form Autozone for more than $200 for all four.

How do you know when end links need to be changed? Any other good sources for these?

Thanks in advance.

99 I4 Camry 150550 miles

·
イリジウム
13,808 Posts
Worn rubber is one. Loose joints with free play is another. At 150K miles I'd say it's about time. The lower ball joints on Camrys are not load-carrying. If they were, I'd change them too (but always change when there is free play). Otherwise the wheel can fall off when the joint breaks.

I'd always like to use Moog. However, the grease zerks on some joints aren't convenient for some. So also consider Spicer (Professional Grade only).

I see rockauto.com ads here, so check their prices. Looks like Spicers are $140+shipping and Moog (looks like no zerks) costs more.

So how do you like the Quck Struts? I always try to stay away from SensaTracs (and therefore go for Gabriel Ultras), so I'd be interested in how you like the ride.

Quick question. What kind of luck have you had with end links from ebay? I just changed out my factory struts with Monroe quick struts x4. Noticed some of the end links had torn rubber. Got a quote form Autozone for more than $200 for all four.

How do you know when end links need to be changed? Any other good sources for these?

Thanks in advance.

99 I4 Camry 150550 miles

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With 50 miles on the quick struts, I like them. This is my wife's daily driver. We got used to the worn out struts, but even my wife commented that the car "drove better". Mind you the car is never driven hard. What I wanted was a return to the new car drive.

The quick struts were on sale at amazon for $177 (avg for all four) and might still be. In addition there was a $125 rebate from Monroe. The quick struts look solid. I priced out getting all new parts from a discount toyota parts site and KYB's, but these were cheaper and easier to deal with. Time will tell how they hold up.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
They suck.
I bought end link for both gen 3 and gen 4 from ebay, about $25 to $30 a pair, they works just as good for me.

i also bought toyota geninue oem endlink, after discount $68 a piece.:eek:
it is just as good as the non-oem one i bought from ebay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought end link for both gen 3 and gen 4 from ebay, about $25 to $30 a pair, they works just as good for me.

i also bought toyota geninue oem endlink, after discount $68 a piece.:eek:
it is just as good as the non-oem one i bought from ebay.
bronzemaxell
Who was your ebay seller?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts