·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Camry
399 Posts
Well I used Phillips Daylite 8 seen here, about 5 posts down,
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...at-did-you-do-your-gen-7-camry-today-212.html
And I'm not ashamed that it didn't cost me $350 or whatever ridiculous price SET charges, but if you are so inclined to keep up with the Jones's then by all means do :facepalm:
NSF
I would buy the Philips since their a well known company. Many people get the SET ones since their dealer will probably throw in free installation. But if you aren't afraid to do a little DIY, the Philips look like the best bet.

A lot better than hoping your eBay ones will work...

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
How much were they?
Here you go
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Philips-12824WLEDX1-DayLight-Powered-Daytime/dp/B005DX6BKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402262761&sr=8-1&keywords=phillips+daylite+8[/ame]

One little suggestion on installing, I have noticed that the field of vision seems limited to straight ahead for total brightness, as you move to the side they dim, maybe other brands do also, I don't know.
On my Camry I mounted them so that they conformed with the curve of the bumper cover, maybe set them straight ahead??? I don't know, of course when you diminish one side of your field of vision the other side will improve in the other opposite direction, HUH, does that make sense :dunno:
In other words I would say they have a projection range of approx. 30 degrees straight ahead for full brightness, so its one or the other. They state to not mount them more that 10 degrees off center from straight ahead.
God Now I'm confused, hope it makes sense :facepalm:
They are pretty bright plus I did not hook up the wire to dim them when the headlights are turned on, they are ON WHEN THE MOTOR IS ON, period, the module controls them but the option is there if you want it
NSF

·
Registered
2012 Camry+2014 Sienna+2007 Corolla+2014 Corolla
800 Posts
I been looking around and couldn't find if anyone buy this led drl before.
First ask yourself how much do you willing to spend on DRL, remember you get what you pay for. Some members here get the cheapest kit from ebay under $20 and happy with it, are you one of them? The way I look at is since I can afford a 2012 fully loaded SE V6 I'm not going to cheap route, I get something that look OEM. Here's all the LED DRL from my collections.

And I also install an aftermarket switch for it to look OEM.

And here what I get, the Rostra Kit found here on this forum.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...led-drl-solution-2012-toyota-camry-se-le.html

Water proof, high quality, pre-aligned, and dimmed with Low is ON.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here you go
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-12824...1402262761&sr=8-1&keywords=phillips+daylite+8

One little suggestion on installing, I have noticed that the field of vision seems limited to straight ahead for total brightness, as you move to the side they dim, maybe other brands do also, I don't know.
On my Camry I mounted them so that they conformed with the curve of the bumper cover, maybe set them straight ahead??? I don't know, of course when you diminish one side of your field of vision the other side will improve in the other opposite direction, HUH, does that make sense :dunno:
In other words I would say they have a projection range of approx. 30 degrees straight ahead for full brightness, so its one or the other. They state to not mount them more that 10 degrees off center from straight ahead.
God Now I'm confused, hope it makes sense :facepalm:
They are pretty bright plus I did not hook up the wire to dim them when the headlights are turned on, they are ON WHEN THE MOTOR IS ON, period, the module controls them but the option is there if you want it
NSF
Bought these yesterday hope they arrive tommorow so I can install then lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.