Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
depends....how picky are you when it comes to fitment? as well, do you care if the bumper is plastic or urethane? their fitment is never perfect, and the plastic will shatter in the case of an accident instead of bending or denting

since you're selling your car, an aftermarket bumper is not a problem I would think- at least they're cheap

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i cant find a poly bumper and i dont want it to look like its a new bumper.

any idea on the dealership price on one?

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
maybe you could just throw stock gen 3 headlights and a new grille on and they wouldnt notice? but I guess its risky. I found a used bumper on ebay and had it sprayed and the paint was a little lighter than the old stuff, but your car might have less fade never having to deal with road salt.

I heard both good and bad about the ebay bumpers, never got a straight answer about it.

·
Odaiba Romance
358 Posts
Don't even bother going to the dealer unless you have a friend working there or for a body shop that can get you a discount. Even after getting the discount from toyota I had to pay $185 for an unpainted poly bumper for my grandmother's gen 5. Also, those aftermarket oem replacement bumpers NEVER fit correctly and are prone to breaking and premature spider web cracking. Try one of the online suppliers of toyota parts online. I could probably get one for you cheap but the shipping would kill the whole point.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
the gen5 bumpers, if I remember correctly, are in fact plastic- that's why they're cheap...

and if you get a good shop to paint your bumper, they should color match if needed...then drive through some dirt roads a couple of times and it won't look so new anymore

·
Registered
115 Posts
Too bad your so far I have a set of 3 gen headlights and a white front bumper from my 94 just collecting dust. I'd let you have it a 12 pack if you picked it up. But your in florida and I'm in AZ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts