Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bollockchops
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Echoers,

I have been seeking help with my '04 Echo's cruise control unit. I have had a few nice responses but I have not yet been able to resolve the issue. Possibly because no-one could telll what I was looking for.

So...here ia a picture of the my cruise control's black box. Does anyone else have an Echo with cruise, and could you tell me if your unit looks liket his one? I ask becasue Toyota says it is not a Toyota part. (for those who have read my posts before, I was mistaken about the cable being wrapped with electical tape. Wherever did I get that?)

If you would, could you send me a picture of YOUR cruise control's black box, so I could compare?

Thanks all
Bill
[email protected]

·
Bollockchops
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The ongoing saga continues

Since getting the run around from Toyota CS, I have been on the look out for other cruise-equipped Echos on the road. Today I found one, and the woman was kind enough to allow me to look under the hood.

Low and behold, it is the same cruise unit as mine.

So I went to Downtown Toyota and asked the service manager if they have a schematic of the Echo’s cruise unit, ( an exploded parts sketch, if you will.) They didn’t, but one of the parts guys comes out from the store room with…what?? A cruise unit for a slightly different model in a box, but it is exactly the same as mine, save for the mounting bracket.... What in tarnation!

So, why did Toyota service tell me the part was not a Toyota part? And will they service it after all?

I am expecting two follow up calls, one from Downtown Toyota Service Manager (where I hope to have it serviced) , and one from the Don Valley North Toyota Service Manager (where the vehicle was originally purchased and delivered with cruise.)

I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hello hope you Cruise control issue is worked out on your echo I am just wondering I know it is not offered on a package for a Yaris but does anyone know if you can get Cruise control added to the Yaris or is it not allowed?????????????

·
Registered
46 Posts
That cruise control unit you have there is a Dealer installed option...I have installed many. Are you having problems with it? I know in the 04s the speed sensor signal changed from an analoge signal to a digital signal. Early in the model year the supplier of the cruise controls didnt take this into account and there were some issues with them not working properly. If your 2dr or sedan has ABS you will need the unit from a Echo Hatchback (they had ABS). If you are having problems let me know and I will try to help...CHEERS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts