Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have jusy bought a 2005 echo hatch with the mp3 player. My question is, has anyone hooked up a sub to this unit without paying the dealer install $500 kicker sub. I found out that the wiring harness is only sold with the dealer's kicker sub, so it's almost worth it to buy a brand new system instead. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
There is a wiring harness available for the Scions on ebay all the time. $40 and it is plug and play for ours (at least the scion stereo is plug and play, so I see no reason this shouldn't be). Requires a powered sub, or sub and amp combo of your choice.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn' t find that part on ebay at all. Variable line converter? Does that connect the wires to the RCA pre-out for amp?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can pick it up at futureshop for $50, or you can find a local shop like I did for $20.

I forgot what it does but you need one of these if you are trying to install a sub onto a stock deck. I think it has to do with the stock deck not having a preout for the sub.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will, can you send me the number or web address of that shop...no one seems to have it at futureshop here in Toronto.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will, one more questions. With the harness you got, did it include a power and remote wire for the amp/sub? Or did you have to wire to the battery yourself?

·
Registered
10 Posts
TOrolla said:
will, one more questions. With the harness you got, did it include a power and remote wire for the amp/sub? Or did you have to wire to the battery yourself?
I wired to the battery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts