Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
man....I don't think that I've posted on TN for almost 5 years now....

Anyhow, thought I'd share some DIY images for those interested in projector lights and how to line things up.....

Hope this direct link to picasa works!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dont get it. What is the purpose of projector headlights and what is it exactly? Are you proposing using projector bulbs for use as headlights??? I am pretty sure that they only have a lifespan of about 2000 hours or so and they are riculously priced. Doesnt sound very realistic to me.

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont get it. What is the purpose of projector headlights and what is it exactly? Are you proposing using projector bulbs for use as headlights??? I am pretty sure that they only have a lifespan of about 2000 hours or so and they are riculously priced. Doesnt sound very realistic to me.
I'm using HID projectors units taken from an Acura TL. The goal of this project is to gain light output without blinding traffic in front of me, which is what happens when you use normal HID retrofit kits.

I'm not sure what you're envisioning, but I'm not using projector bulbs from a video projector.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
LOL, Thats exactly what I was envisioning. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sounds like a great Idea. I'm assuming everything worked out as you planned.

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, Thats exactly what I was envisioning. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sounds like a great Idea. I'm assuming everything worked out as you planned.
We'll see.... I take an inordinate amount of time to complete my projects... I sort of measure a million times and cut once.... pics will be posted as I go along

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just realized that I never finished posting the completed pics of this project. They've been done for over a year now...

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice indeed. Can you make me a pair? Send me a paypal invoice.

Thanks!
Thanks, but I probably wouldn't want to tackle this project again. It's not difficult, but was quite time consuming and expensive. The only reason I went DIY was because there aren't any aftermarket options for the Echo.

The cost of this project ended up being close to $2000 for all the parts (HID projectors, bulbs, ballasts, harness, new headlight sealant, and OEM Toyota headlight assemblies), and I think I probably spent close to 40 hours working on it.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts