Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what kind of money that headunit sells for nowadays. Also, wondering does it play MP3's?

Shuluke

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
The 7301 is the old unit. You can probably get one off ebay in the 500-600 dollar range. Then new units are way better. Im planning on getting the avn 2494 It has a built in 20gb hard drive for downloading songs to it. It also has a port for a memory card.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That stereo is almost $2g! Think its worth it? How does this compare to the top of the line Alpine? 600 dollars for a used HU is too expensive for me as well.I sold a whole system for 900. Tell me how it is when you get it.

Shuluke

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I haven't really looked into the alpine but I'm pretty sure they don't have a built in 20gb hdd. Thats the feature I like. You can put in a cd and record it to the harddrive. I have a hook up with a rep at fujitsu-ten. So I get a good price, but i've seen the avn's on ebay for like 1500 bucks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good price huh? Why not just do a carputer setup? you can then go for 120GB hard drive or even bigger.... Set up a computer that runs your audio system in the car. THen you could even have movies, dvds, DIVX, almost everything...

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I might eventually add a computer to the system but I like the idea of using the eclipse unit for handling the sound system. It would probably be a pain to adjust the sound settings by having to go through the computer system. But I would like to be able to have movie's on hand for easy viewing plus being able to go on the net in my car and download from there. And of course not while driving.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
I can get you that unit 2494 for that price with warranty...

7301 is oooold, get a 8454 or a 5444, 490 shipped for the first one, 390 shipped for the second one

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard the 7301 can connect to a GPS unit and run gps. Anyone have any information so i can check it out?

Shuluke

Those models dont have screens on them do they?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts