Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Im assuming your talking about the Computer that is under the dash? If so... so long as it is from the same engine and has the same pin layouts it should be fine...

*edit*
But why would you want to??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh! Sorry I just got out from hospital ;-(
The reason we though about ECM because my friend car have the problem with code P171 he replaced oxigen sensors, Injectors... but the check engine light went off after reset but then on again with same code...when I test withODBII in Monitor mode( I.M ) it showed Catalystic, Oxigen sensors, EVap not ready when i test on all other car it showed everything ready and we don't know why it has no communication so we think of ECM messup...If any expert in here can help we are really appreciated...

Here how it show on the screen of OBDII

Misfire Ready
Fuel Sys Ready
Comprehens Ready
Catalyst Not Ready
Evap Sys Not ready
O2 Sensor Not ready
HO2 Sensor Not ready

·
Registered
114 Posts
sounds like you DON'T have a faulty ECM but a FAULTY "AIR FLOW METER" causing you the check eninge light to be on......not injectors, oxygen sensors..........ECM are not compatiable.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Ghost! Finally I got my car FIXED....and Yes I wasted my money for fuel injectors, Ox-sensors (as the suggestion of mechanics from Toyota dealer and auto garage)
As your advice I got the MAF sensor ($161.89) and my car's problem fixed.
Although I already save couple hundreds by try to buy parts and did it myself but still pain in the............. It costs me more than $1,200 just because of those stupid mechanics :mad:
I have learned a very expensive lesson. Thanks again

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts