Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid,
495 Posts
Well the dealership seems to not be in any hurry on this , but they called today and told me I need to be moving to press those to engage them. I haven't tried this but will later today. Seems odd to me as I never found much info about this in the manuals
Nope. My buttons change the settings from electric to ECO to Sport while the car is standing still, ignition on, of course.

Whenever possible, I wait while my car is being serviced/diagnosed. Leaving the car ensures that it will go to the bottom of the list, will be moved to a back lot, only to be worked on when they get to it. I ALWAYS make an appointment, make it clear that I'll be waiting on the car, and ask to be kept updated as work progresses. When a dealership can't comply with this, I find another dealership/service shop.

I hope they solve your issue!:wink:

·
Registered
2013 Avalon Hybrid
79 Posts
Nope. My buttons change the settings from electric to ECO to Sport while the car is standing still, ignition on, of course.

Whenever possible, I wait while my car is being serviced/diagnosed. Leaving the car ensures that it will go to the bottom of the list, will be moved to a back lot, only to be worked on when they get to it. I ALWAYS make an appointment, make it clear that I'll be waiting on the car, and ask to be kept updated as work progresses. When a dealership can't comply with this, I find another dealership/service shop.

I hope they solve your issue!:wink:
Actually I wasn't buying the try it while you are driving crap.
I told them I would later.

Right now finding another service shop won't work , it is a warranty issues. I think they are stalling time which I keep reminding them of when I reported the issue.

I hate the fact the dealership is over an hour away, I am sure they don't want to send the driver down again to pick it up and leave me a Lexus to drive.

I should know more tomorrow.

·
Registered
2013 Avalon Hybrid
79 Posts
That being the case, could it be as simple as the plug for that bank of switches is disconnected? You can easily access it by pulling up on your cupholder and looking under the drive mode switches from the passenger side. Just a thought.

Finally got the car in to the dealer today after going off on them for stalling about getting it in.

They refused the pick up and refused the loaner as they insisted there is nothing wrong with my car.

So made the one hour trip North and was shocked at the long line of cars in line for service.

To may this story short , the service manager and salesman came in the waiting room to talk to me
the salesman said "George, you are not going to believe this as this is the strangest thing they found" I said "what was it unplugged by the cup holder? " they said "YES"

So IE5QE0 was right , but I think they think I unplugged it.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid,
495 Posts
Glad they found your issue had a simple cause/solution.

Now you have another mystery to solve (if you're as OCD as I am! HAHA). How did the plug become unplugged? Why would someone have been in there moving things around?

...I won't be able to sleep until you find out...

·
Registered
2013 Avalon Hybrid
79 Posts
How did the plug become unplugged? Why would someone have been in there moving things around?

I wondered the very same thing.

I brought it up and asked if the plug "JUST" came apart, they were not sure, of course.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid,
495 Posts
If it's cool/dry enough out that you won't need air conditioning give ECO mode a try. Check your fuel mileage one direction. Leave the switch in NORMAL or SPORT mode for the journey home and, again, check mileage. SPORT mode boosts steering effort a bit and (for me) makes highway driving more enjoyable. Around town, SPORT makes the transmission more responsive and shifts at higher rpm so has an effect on fuel mileage.

Some owners have reported up to a 2 mpg boost in ECO but I think it's only because the AC isn't running as efficiently as it would in the other two modes.

Cheers
Sweltering 92-95f DFW heat, gentle hills. Drove 160 miles, foot controlled 70mph (no cruise), A/C set at 73f. Tires at 42psi. (17" OEM size Michelin Premier A/S)

90k miles on the car. I averaged 42.1mpg using ECO mode.

I prefer ECO, which makes me work a little harder with my right foot when I need to scoot. Also, on my car, the A/C keeps up nicely in ECO mode (temp kept at 73f) so I've never even considered using "normal" mode.

Of course, YMMV!

·
Registered
2013 Avalon Hybrid
79 Posts
Glad they found your issue had a simple cause/solution.

Now you have another mystery to solve (if you're as OCD as I am! HAHA). How did the plug become unplugged? Why would someone have been in there moving things around?

Using the Toyota site to look up the service record on my car , I seen the last entry was June 18th 2018

What was the service well it was that 3 button assembly (8497007010)
maybe they never plugged it in all the way . Just wondering LOL

Attachments

41 - 47 of 47 Posts