Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
14,386 Posts
No need to go to the dealer. Removing power from the ECU resets everything to default values, like fuel trims. That can be accomplished two ways.

1) Disconnect the battery positive cable for a bit and reconnect it.

2) Pull and reseat the EFI fuse in the fuse block under the hood. This is easier, and doesn’t cause the radio to lose its presets.

If you bought a used ECU to swap into your Avy, you can just plug it in. Again, no need to go to a dealer.

·
Super Moderator
9,393 Posts
The entire system has to be powered down completely, or residual charge will maintain settings.
It is said to not simply remove battery cables (NOT ON HYBRID!) but, also, touch positive and negative cable leads. What that is said to do is to completly power down the system.

·
Administrator
14,386 Posts
The entire system has to be powered down completely, or residual charge will maintain settings.
This is absolutely not true on these. I’ve never had an EFI Fuse pull not work.

Newer vehicles may be different.

Reactions: sdspeed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, l have a issue with an oxygen sensor on a toyota auris 1.33 vvti 2009.
Showing o2 sensor bank 2.
I've replace the 02 sensor twice and deleted the code p003, couple minutes later when engine is running, the management light keeps coming back
Any advise?
Regards Sohid

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, l have a issue with an oxygen sensor on a toyota auris 1.33 vvti 2009.
Showing o2 sensor bank 2.
I've replace the 02 sensor twice and deleted the code p003, couple minutes later when engine is running, the management light keeps coming back
Any advise?
Regards Sohid
How did you fix this problem? Same thing happened to me. The mechanic keeps suggesting something new each time but I feel it is something as simple as removing a fuse to erase the codes. The same 3 codes seem to be stuck inside the memory no matter what I do? I tried removing the terminals for 15 minutes and I used a regular OBD 2 scanner. Allows me to delete codes on all of my other cars but I am thinking that the delete via scanner is not going to work. I read above that the trick is removing the EFI. Is this true?

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,190 Posts
The EFI fuse removal works on the majority of cars. As for O2 sensor, It maybe the brand or the source of the sensor that was installed. Toyota's aren't fond of non OEM/Denso sensors.
Ebay and Amazon are known for counterfeit parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts