Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a laptop and all i need is some "free" ecu tuning software so i can change some things on my stock ecu.

Is there any free programs out there?

Is it just a basic serial cable needed?

Will i be able to do this in a 91 Tercel? :d

Thanks.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
I'm not sure about how intelligent the ecu in your tercel is, but there's no way to "tune" the ecu's in most cars.....

the ecu's are usually read only, but you can get a piggy back unit that can be used to tune the car.....but depending on how new your car is, the ecu will usually cause many problems because it is TOO intelligent and can eventually override the tuning

the best results are to get a whole new aftermarket ecu

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
well, companies like Apexi also know this. Computer or better yet ECU are intelligent. But Apexi has over ride these so called "intelligent ecu". I installed on a 97 N/A RAV4 with the not so potent 3SFE engine. It works great. I've squeezed out a lot of HP from the "Semi-Stock" 3SFE engine. Mods include Header, a very Good intake K&N Apollo, thermostat, MSD, AEM sensor, Pivot Ground Kit, Engine and transaxle oil coolers. Economy is up, I'm getting about 40 miles per gallon (yes, you are reading correctly). These engine run very, very rich. leaning out these engine, power goes up. Of course a good AEM wideband UEGO sensor watches out for a lean engine. Keeping it safe and power up.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I'm not sure about how intelligent the ecu in your tercel is, but there's no way to "tune" the ecu's in most cars.....

the ecu's are usually read only, but you can get a piggy back unit that can be used to tune the car.....but depending on how new your car is, the ecu will usually cause many problems because it is TOO intelligent and can eventually override the tuning

the best results are to get a whole new aftermarket ecu
O'Rly? :D

www.blackbearperformance.com

www.efilive.com
www.hptuners.com

·
Banned
0 Posts
Yeah dude, if you can make the haul to PR, I'm already working on a 1997 Toyota, V6 twin Turbo 1MZ-FE RAV4. Bring it on, I got something for you. When I'll finish it, I'll drop you a call, better yet, I'll post it on You Tube.
You choose the time, I'll choose the place. :D

·
Banned
0 Posts
Can you haul what ever you got to Englishtown New Jersey? If you can see in the Clip in the background you can see my RAV4 next to my trailer.
Nevermind, you obviously do not "get it". :rolleyes:

Yeah, like I am going to drive from MN to NJ to race a little ricer.

Tell ya what, you come to MN and I will choose a location. Bring your pink slip. ;)

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Nevermind, you obviously do not "get it". :rolleyes:

Yeah, like I am going to drive from MN to NJ to race a little ricer.

Tell ya what, you come to MN and I will choose a location. Bring your pink slip. ;)

Listen son, I'm going to tell you something. I'm a university professor with a Dr's degree and a Veteran. I knew what you meant since we started of this conversation. Yes, I do have the Mazda and I do have the RAV4. The young man you see driving the Mazda RX7 is my son. His name is Carlos. To tell you something I have a lot of friends in Minnesota. When you tarted to back down, I knew what was going on. Sorry if I've insulated your ego. I've seen many youngsters with chips on their shoulder.

Next time, don't bring a nail clipper to a 60mm caliber gun fight. Semper Fi

I think this conversation is over.

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Oh, BTW, I'm a Chevy fan myself. But unfortunately looks like the Bush administration left the USA in shambles. If you are trying to impulse your product

Let me tell you something you've might have missed. Chevrolet has declared under Chapter 11. Which means:
Chapter 11 is a chapter of the United States Bankruptcy Code, which permits reorganization under the bankruptcy laws of the United States.....

Oh yes, They will be back. I hope their isn't another war. I'm too old to be providing your liberty.

NOW, Do YOU understand MARINE?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Listen son, I'm going to tell you something. I'm a university professor with a Dr's degree and a Veteran. I knew what you meant since we started of this conversation. Yes, I do have the Mazda and I do have the RAV4. The young man you see driving the Mazda RX7 is my son. His name is Carlos. To tell you something I have a lot of friends in Minnesota. When you tarted to back down, I knew what was going on. Sorry if I've insulated your ego. I've seen many youngsters with chips on their shoulder.

Next time, don't bring a nail clipper to a 60mm caliber gun fight. Semper Fi

I think this conversation is over.
Oh, BTW, I'm a Chevy fan myself. But unfortunately looks like the Bush administration left the USA in shambles. If you are trying to impulse your product

Let me tell you something you've might have missed. Chevrolet has declared under Chapter 11. Which means:
Chapter 11 is a chapter of the United States Bankruptcy Code, which permits reorganization under the bankruptcy laws of the United States.....

Oh yes, They will be back. I hope their isn't another war. I'm too old to be providing your liberty.

NOW, Do YOU understand MARINE?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Banned
0 Posts
^what would you race in, your pickup truck?
I don't race my truck. I was simply messing with him after HE initiated the "smack talk" about racing. Read the thread.

·
Banned
0 Posts
yes i know, and i was simply messing with you ;)

chill...
Oh, so now YOU wanna race too? C'mon, bring it on buddy!!! I am a Dr. and a Marine...do you know what that means? Huh? well, do ya? :lol:

·
Procrastinating on TN
'93 Pickup
3,459 Posts
That your a much more productive member of society than I am who should be well-respected?

·
Registered
RAV4
337 Posts
Thank you knj27, but I hope the gentlemen in question is reprimanded by the administration of this forum. I guess I was the accused, since I paid attention to a little boy. Who lack of respect, to me and to the honorable and loyal Toyota members of this forum. On my behalf, this conversation is over.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts