Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
tdt59512 said:
BMW wins, Lexus loses. I don't see why. Lexus is overall better, but yet they choose the BMW. They are racists!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=109021

Not racists. Stubborn...... Many people are still stuck with their old mind set / memories and when it comes to European cars many people don't want to change their minds.

How can you even question European cars? They are European... I mean come on. Are you stupid.................. is the attitude....... :lol:

Losers !

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,338 Posts
man, what will it take to beat the 3 series...maybe a 6spd manual on the 350 and take out the VDIM (whatever its called)

·
Registered
'13 Camry SE V6
408 Posts
the thing i don't understand is why Lexus can't just put in a 6-speed manual and a switch to turn off the TRAC control and everything else in 350...cause that's wht's basially holding it back from the number 1 spot in my opinion....i would still take the IS over the 3 any day of the week...but i think it's a really stupid reason to loose to the 3-series

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,338 Posts
customer preference, and majority of them buy automatics....tho the g35 sedan w/ 6spd dominated

·
'09 iQ Diesel
iQ
792 Posts
Camry1999 said:
the thing i don't understand is why Lexus can't just put in a 6-speed manual and a switch to turn off the TRAC control and everything else in 350...cause that's wht's basially holding it back from the number 1 spot in my opinion....i would still take the IS over the 3 any day of the week...but i think it's a really stupid reason to loose to the 3-series
According to Lexus it's because of safety issues when all the nannies are turned off. But every comparison IS has lost to the 3-series until now was because VDIM couldn't be shut off.

I have actually only seen one where Lexus has won:
http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_id_int/861

The verdict was that Lexus was very good doing everything while the 3-series is awesome at one - driving feel.

All other comparisons reach the same result bu lets the 3-series win exactly because of this.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So IS dusted BMW3 more than 1 full second! in 0-60?:clap:

BMW always win by 4 spings and one steering wheel (only):lol:

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Man if the IS got a 6 speed they would sell a whole bunch of them....we should have a poll or something and lets see who whould take the manual over automatic:disappoin

·
'09 iQ Diesel
iQ
792 Posts
OK. Here is a serious WTF!:
A beefy, wedge-shaped body characterizes the IS. Although not as daring as the 330i's design, some of us preferred the more cohesive look, such as the way the front lower air intake and foglights echo the shape of the grille and headlights above. Then again, a few thought it bland compared to the Bimmer.
The BMW is daring while the Lexus is bland! What have they been smoking!?

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
I liked the prev. gen 3 Series better than this one.., Some people can't help but be fanboys.. it's a problem when they're the media though and have sheep that follow every word instead of doing their own research.

·
Registered
294 Posts
From every single comparison I've read the Lexus is being touted as being too isolated. I guess it is true when you got the electronics doing the driving for u. Might as well take the bus.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

I am new to this thread but i realize that there are some problems regarding the 3 series. It is uglier than the IS and it is not even more powerful. It is even more expensive and then I couldnt get edmunds criticizing the IS when it is clear that it is the winner. I also like the 3 series interior and feel but the IS looks more luxurious and more comfy.(VDIM is a problem in the IS)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lasse D said:
OK. Here is a serious WTF!:

The BMW is daring while the Lexus is bland! What have they been smoking!?
i agree with Lasse because the 3 series has a dull face while the IS is aggressive and sporty

·
Cressida Whore
435 Posts
I agree we should bring two hardcore american muscle guys and have them review their honest thoughts about these two cars. How the heck can you call the IS boring?

·
I am MAYHEM!
2002 Toyota Tundra
346 Posts
BEI said:
I'll pick the IS350 for sexy looking
I agree. Living in Connecticut, the yuppie capital of the world, I see way too many 3-Series for them to even be considered "distinctive" anymore. :thumbsdow

The new IS is ultra sexy! :cool:

·
Registered
'13 Camry SE V6
408 Posts
i agree, it's same here in New Jersey...the 3series is too over-rated....my friend and two of my cousins have a 3...
it's almost like the hondas here....anyone here that's wants to modify thier cars....HONDA....it kind of de-values the car in a sense

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
ditto. My university parkade already has 3 new 3 series. (It also has 2 new IS lol). The rest are some form of German car. Toyota and Honda follow close behind.

·
Needs To Speed
1994 Camry
296 Posts
can u get the "is" in a coupe? i always loved the bmw 3 series coupe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts