Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 n/a mr2
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing an efi conversion to my 85 4X. I have the tank,pump, lines, manifold, dash and engine harness, ecu. Everythings all in. It cranks and fires for a second. I dont believe im getting an injector pulse. The tack works, the resistor has 12v. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Benwill1
80's toys
125 Posts
doing an efi conversion to my 85 4X. I have the tank,pump, lines, manifold, dash and engine harness, ecu. Everythings all in. It cranks and fires for a second. I dont believe im getting an injector pulse. The tack works, the resistor has 12v. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Gosh....where do you start...Fires, as in tries to run?? Be sure you have the big hose going from the air cleaner box to the EFI manifold on. It will not stay running without it. Will it run if you spray some gas in the EFI manifold(put the hose back on)?? Does it have spark at the plugs??

·
Registered
91 n/a mr2
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so we tested for an injector pulse by jamming a test light into either side of the injector plug and grounding it on the battery. We cranked and it isnt getting an injector pulse. Is this the correct way to check for a pulse? What else would not give the injectors a pulse?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts