Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone this is my first time posting on here i have had this truck for about a year and a half and once one thing gets fixed something else breaks. this time my truck started blowing the efi fuse we found that out because we tried to hook up the scantron to it and it wasnt turning on so my friend checked the fuse after that we changed out a 15 amp fuse with a 30 amp fuse hoping it would help we took it for a test drive and it was fine the next day i drove it to the end of his street and it blew again put in like 4 more fuses and everytime i tried to crank it. the fuses would blow so we checked the wiring through the whole fuel system and everything was getting good power i just dont know where to look next is there a common sensor that goes bad and if so how do i check it or should i just replace it. thanks

1998 T100 SR5 2WD
15,013 Posts
First rule...don't put in a bigger fuse. Yer gonna risk blowing up something more expensive just to find out what the problem was. :(

What year is yer T-100? Regular cab or xtra cab? Auto or manual transmission? 2WD or 4WD? 4 or 6 cylinder? Any mods? ;)

1998 T100 SR5 2WD
15,013 Posts
Based on my 1998 EWD...here's what the EFI fuse controls... ;)

Circuit Opening Relay (fuel pump relay)
Data Link Connector 1
ECM E4-E7
Fuel Pump
Heated O2 Sensors (both)
IAC valve
Mass Air Flow Sensor
VSV (EGR)
VSV (EVAP)
VSV (Vapor Pressure)
EFI Relay (point side)

I would check those components fer proper operation and resistance readings... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.